• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Rmr pistol zero ? 10 yard trajectory ?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Is this info correct ?

Before I spend time putting info into strelok

“”””
    iSnipe. I found that at a 10 yard zero, the point of impact is +2.5 inches at 50 yards and -2.7 inches at 100 yards. My own experience is that at a 25 yard zero, it drops about an inch at 50 but 9 inches at 100 yards. When I ran it in the app, it was pretty much where I tested it to be. When zeroed at 15 yards, he calculation came to be a drop of a half an inch at 50 yards and almost 3 inches at 100.

Test and confirm with your gun and ammo of choice… its the only way to know for sure. I understand its hard/expensive in this climate but it is what it is. With that said. All my stuff is zeroed at 15 yards because that works for me and honestly i very rarely shoot farther than 50 yards with my pistol. I will occasionally step out to 60 and 75 yards to help isolate flaws that I can’t at average pistol ranges such as 15-20-25 yards.

Pick a zero that works for you and learn your holds at the distances you feel like you need to train to.

I will say in my experience, making sure my windage is really dialed in on the optic has been more of a important factor for me especially as I stretch the shots out farther.

I mean 25 is going to give you a much better zero practically. Seen a lot of folks come to class with a solid belief that their 15, 10 or even 7y zeros 🙄 were GTG. In theory it sounds good but every time we walk the fellows back the B8s don’t lie.
    Well if you say so that carries weight

How far is it across the food court at the local mall?

If you zero at 25, you'll be close enough for anything at shorter ranges.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
    How far is it across the food court at the local mall?

If you zero at 25, you'll be close enough for anything at shorter ranges.
    I’m more worried abou gas gun comps and guilty animals.

The guilty ones can be farther away

7 yard zero. 9mm @ 1120 FPS.

IMG_0291.PNG

IMG_0292.PNG

Reactions: deersniper
    Seems odd to be talking about trajectory without clarifying what your load is. I mean, a 147 @ 1,000 isn’t going to have the same drop at 50 or 100 as a 115 @ 1350, etc.

That may not matter much for the guys who never shoot past 25, but it sure does matter farther out. Any of us who understand rifle dope should get this too, same thing on a smaller scale.

Reactions: deersniper