• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RND bipod

Jimmym40a2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
Colorado
I talked to the owner about this and he will have 5 of them done this weekend. He is having some parts anodized then they will be complete.He has had a bunch of other projects to complete and is finally getting around to finishing up a batch. I will go by the shop friday and take some pictures and get prices for you.Jimmy

Re: RND bipod

This is an interesting development.

Dog town I'm also having some tubes made for windrunners guys to convert to the tube handguard. You would be able to put an RND bipod on them. Or a harris bipod or I had an adapter made to move your windrunner bipod out so you could use your existing bipod. You will also be able to add picitanny rails,etc. it will be a modular system. I will have to see what shop time adds up to to determine a price. You would also have to send me your barrel nut to have it turned to fit the tube.

The RND bipods will be 575.(ish)

Very interesting. Yup, the barrel nut issue was one of the larger expenses I came across in a similar setup.

pics10-01-08176.jpg

Am I the only one that is wondering how the hell that is a 575.00 bipod??? Can you splain us what is so special. Short of being a guidance system that is?

Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken, but doesn't that mount obstruct the lower portion of your scope's field of view?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that is wondering how the hell that is a 575.00 bipod??? Can you splain us what is so special. Short of being a guidance system that is?
</div></div>

No, you definately aren't the only one wondering what the hell is up with the $575 price tag.

It's a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">BIPOD</span></span> for God's sake!

Harris 6-9" swivel bipod: $90

S-BR.jpg

Accu-Shot Atlas: Clamp On Bipod: $220

Bipods_etc_Accu-Shot_Atlas_Clamp_On.jpg

RND bipod: $575?

RND_Top_mounted_bipod-600x450.jpg

I think that people will recognize the innovation of this bipod design. However, I doubt that more than a well off <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">few</span></span> will see the $575 worth of innovation in moving the bipod mount from the bottom rail to the top rail.

People are going to vote with their wallets "Yah" or "Nay".

Me pay $575 for a bipod?

Naw! I'm going to dig out that old spare bipod, a left over ARMS mount, my dremel tool and some JP Weld. The end result might not look as nice, but the parts are already paid for. And it's a heck of a lot less expensive way to go!

Sorry to see a good idea trip over itself right out of the gate.

sick.gif

Harris-90$
accu-220$
parkerhale 300+$
EDM 450$ +175 if modified. http://www.edmarms.com/price.htm
RND 575$
Sako 610$ http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=106731
becker-dean-cheytac 750$

The RND gives the same performance as the cheytac at a lower price. It just depends on your gun and expectations. I own 7 or the harris bipods but I didn't put one on my cheytac.

ranger1183 if he could make them for less he would. There is allot of machining and some parts have to be sent off to be tig welded, annodized, etc. They are expensive to make.

Are you sure on that Parker Hale price...in the UK they retail around £175.00 (approx $240 - $245). The AI version is around £130.00.

Surely the US price can't be nearly double??

I could be wrong. I thought I had seen them for that price before.

I just looked them up it looks like 300-350 thanks..... I adjusted my post above.

No problem. The new VersaPod #51 All Steel PH/AI "look alike" is around $175.00

On the other hand I've heard the Sako TRG Bipod is around $500 - $600......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris-90$
accu-220$
parkerhale 300+$
EDM 495$
RND 575$
becker-dean-cheytac 750$

The RND gives the same performance as the cheytac at a lower price. It just depends on your gun and expectations. I own 7 or the harris bipods but I didn't put one on my cheytac.

ranger1183 if he could make them for less he would. There is allot of machining and some parts have to be sent off to be tig welded, annodized, etc. They are expensive to make. </div></div>

Thank you for the clarification. I greatly appreciate the time and effort you took to respond.