• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rnd edge guns

qqqq33

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
has anyone besides jimmy ordered any guns from lloyd at rnd?
I have ordered 3 over a year ago
300 remington ultra mag
338 lapua mag
408 chytac
I would like to hear some feed back on how it was dealing with him. jimmy pm me please

Re: rnd edge guns

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: week end warrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone besides jimmy ordered any guns from lloyd at rnd?
I have ordered 3 over a year ago
300 remington ultra mag
338 lapua mag
408 chytac
I would like to hear some feed back on how it was dealing with him. jimmy pm me please </div></div>

I feel your pain. I ordered one for a customer on 4-16-09 and after multiple delivery dates and numerous calls my customer started calling him directly. We decided to cancel the order and get the deposit back.

Now I understand that there is delays and problems with getting components in but quit telling us that it'll be a few more weeks everytime we call.

I had my RND Edge 2000 series (338 Lapua) for nearly two years now and all I can say is "WOW!" The wait time was about 1.5 years. I truly understand your frustrations since I went through the same waiting process with Lloyd. The rifle has shot well at 600 yards: < 3 MOA. I will be taking it out to the 1200 yard range in two weeks and hoping to get < 10 MOA. It has eaten everything I have put through it.
Once you get your hands on it, you will notice the entire rifle is built like a tank.

You will not be disappointed. Send me a PM if you need further clarification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The rifle has shot well at 600 yards: < 3" MOA. I will be taking it out to the 1200 yard range in two weeks and hoping to get < 10" MOA. </div></div>

HUH What???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle has shot well at 600 yards: < 3 MOA. I will be taking it out to the 1200 yard range in two weeks and hoping to get < 10 MOA. </div></div>

GEEZUS!!! I sure hope it shoots better than that!!! Man just type normal language and size if you do not understand what " or moa should equate to.

Thanks for the replies the info is great, both the good and the bad. Ill fill you guys in on a little back round. I am not new to custom guns.
edm 510
edm 408
cheytac m200
viersco 375 sniptac
jp ctr02
Waiting for a gun is no problem. There is no one out there building the caliber of semiauto guns that lloyd is. Bill does but the look is not the one im looking for. (tacticool lol)
Im sorry rws that it didn't work out for you I have had the same thing happen to me with other companys.
Im sure in due time when we do recieve the guns they will be all that we have come to expect from a custom build. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is that its accurate reliable and appealing to the eye. I have searched the web for a year looking for postings about rnd guns and found very little info. When the guns do come in, I will post on you tube some video of these gun shooting at elr next to the guns stated above. Thanks again for all of the replies and jimmy your going to have to take me up on that offer.

I think you mean 3 inch group at 600 yards or 0.5 MOA and 10 inch group at 1.2K or about .75 MOA?

I certainly hope that waiting for 1.5 years for a 3 MOA stick at 600 yards would be very disappointing....

Any pics from people that have these? I have been wanting one of these for awhile now but living in Commiefornia I didnt wanna order one and have it be banned by time it was finished being built. Maybe someone who has one would wanna sell it haha

It's not going to get banned by name and Llyod will probably work with you to make it compliant. This shouldn't be a concern.

Yeah but if I order one now it wouldn't be here until next summer and who knows what is going to happen between now and then. When I was contemplating buying one I emailed Lloyd asked for pics of the options and of the colors. I got a reply but never any pics. I was only able to dig a up a couple of pics here on the hide but of only a couple.
If he had one in stock I'd definatley sell a couple o'toys to get it.

All I can say is good luck. If you have the money and the main thing TIME ,and lots of it its a cool looking rifle. I would talk about the rifle in more detail but im still waiting!
I have faith it will be worth it.

talked to lloyd today he said the rifle would take one more month to complete I gave him two I'll keep everyone posted on how this turns out

I have a RND-2000 edge .338 lapua mag, try giving him a call.He is back in.I would sell mine for the right number.Also shoot a sako trg42.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: week end warrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">There is no one out there building the caliber of semiauto guns that lloyd is. </span> </div></div>

I have a VR1 408 CT semi from vigilance rifles.Extremely Well built and accurate as a MOFO.
Has Alot of options for the "tacticool" shooter too.Big money,but worth it.I didn't have to wait a year and a half to get it.I'd forget that I ordered it,if I had to wait that long.Not saying anything bad about the RND,but there are other quality big bore semi rifles out there.
STEVE