• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RO Bushnell Brawl, Thank You Sponsors

Lucks

Team Roberts Precision
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Central Texas
Thank you to Jacob, Lisa, and all the unselfish, hard working RO's for putting on an awesome match!
Congrats to the top finishers Wade Stuteville, Tim Long, and especially the winner Jonathan Berry.
Thank you to Bushnell for the match sponsorship and paying the bill so that we all got to shoot out of the chopper again!
Thank you to all the sponsors. The prize table was incredible! Even at 28th place I still took home over $1500 bucks worth of prizes! Insane.
The match was very challenging and it was terrific to see so many new faces at a match. I still can't believe it went so smoothly with 120+ shooters at one match.
I also can't believe my favorite stage was a pistol stage with a time limit of 2 seconds. That kill house stage was a blast.
Thanks again and as always it was great to see all my old shooting buddies again.

Last edited:
Thanks again to Jacob and Lisa and all the RO's for a fantastic, very challenging match! Thanks to the sponsors for an awesome prize table.

No question, Jacob and Lisa set the bar for the most challenging match that I have ever been lucky enough to participate in. It was a great time, I learned plenty (as I always do at Rifles Only) and the crew of folks at Rifles Only, led by Jacob and Lisa, continue to make me a better shooter. How they were able to run 120 shooters safely, and efficiently through the course of fire is a marvel. Well done.

Likewise, Bushnell and Tom Fuller support the shooting sports better than most anyone that I have ever met. What other MAJOR company listens to the shooting community, and responds with products that fit what we do to a "T"? I'll continue to support Bushnell in every way that I can, and I count myself lucky to call Tom Fuller a friend. He's just a good dude.

To the sponsors, I cannot thank you enough. Without hesitation or question, I spend my money with each of you as I am able. Thank you for supporting the community, the generosity, and dynamic products.

Special thanks to Josh at Widler Tactical for turning around, no joke, the best custom Kydex holster that I have in my gear rotation. He also did it with a custom fit to my 1911, while I was there watching and asking questions. Please buy holsters from him, they are the best.

To the shooters, great job shooting safely and making a very challenging match a good time. Always great to see old friends while making new ones...except for Drake...his mustache has become his downfall :).

And lastly, and most importantly, to the RO's...THANK YOU! Thanks for taking time away from your families to come help run a match safely and efficiently.

Good looking out, and I look forward to shooting with everyone at the 308 only match in the fall.

Congratulations to all, but a special congrats to my friend and match roommate Jonathan Berry on the win. I'm lucky enough to get to shoot with Berry regularly, and this guy will be winning for years to come. Congrats Bro!

What a match. It was a tie between the top two shooters and they had to have a shoot off. Congras to Jonathan Berry for winning the shoot-off and winning the match. Jonathan you and Wade must have been neck and neck through the whole match.

Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, and all the staff for there hard work in putting on this match. The RO's made sure everyone was safe and the stages they ran were kept moving.

A special THANK YOU to Bushnell and Tom Fuller for all they did for this match. There was a lot of Bushnell products on the table and they paid for the fuel for the Helo.

Of course there was a lot of other people that donated prizes to this match. A big THANK YOU to them. Every shooter needs to send a email to all the companies that donated something to this match.

Here are a few photos from the match.

BB20.JPG

BB21.JPG

BB22.JPG

BB23.JPG

BB24.JPG

Let me throw a huge thank you to all the folks that made the 2014 bushnell brawl happen.

I know I thanked Tom Fuller of Bushnell and George Gardner of GAP rifles personally but there were a ton of others as well.

You can be assured that those of us who shoot these matches know and appreciate the companies that support us and we will support you guys right back.

Even though it was a butt kicker the Beserker and the weak side movers at 500 were my two favorite stages.

I definitely need to improve on my barricade shooting!

As always thanks to the ROs that skip shooting a match to help run it. Everyone who got to shoot owes you guys a thankyou and a huge glass of cold beer

Last edited:
This was my first precision match and it was all I expected and much more. The sportsmanship exhibited by the competitors, the RO's and sponsors and the courses of fire were excellent. It was a ton of fun and I look forward to doing it again. Rifles Only has an excellent facility and everyone there was as professional as could be. Thanks guys for putting on an excellent match!
-Dan

Great match put on by RO and Bushnell. This was the most challenging course of fire I think I have ever fired. This match tested your skill set no matter what level you shoot at. Rifles Only tends to do that at their matches. Lol! No matter how hard you train, they will always throw stages that only the Devil could have thought up.

Thank you to Jacob, Lisa, Lindy, Jim, James, Primo and all of the other RO staff and volunteers, I feel honored to have been able to shoot at the worlds finest precision rifle facility. Tom Fuller of Bushnell, Thank You! Your company really did a great job in sponsoring this match. Thanks for the helicopter ride, and all the awesome prizes on the prize table. Thanks for giving the classes on your rifle scopes including the zero stop feature. You guys really stand by your products.

Thanks to XLR custom chassis, I was able to pick up the stock that you donated.

Congrats to all the shooters, you are all better shooters now that it's done and over with. Congrats to the winners. It was good to see old friends and make new ones.

God Bless,
Chance

As said above. Thanks very much to Jacob, Lisa, Bushnell, and all the RO's who did an excellent job with this match. Super challenging, but still tons of fun to shoot, especially because it was safe and smooth!

Heres a couple videos...

Didnt find out until I got there that new lot of bullets were about .001" larger in diameter than last lot, were getting stuck in the freebore if I tried to eject a live round. Thats why, if you were there, you saw the guy walking around with the one piece cleaning rod all day haha.

Helicopter Stage at 2014 Bushnell Brawl - YouTube

Bushnell Brawl 14 Kill House - YouTube

Best ever!

My "Once in a lifetime dream trip" to Rifles Only was train-up and match for the CorBon 308/Glock SHC in 2008, with GAP/Eric Reid built M40A1/USO MST-100 on my McMillan take-off (which has since found a new home with an 8541). I was hooked....

After taking the last year off to save pennies and vacation time, and get equipment straightened out (think 2009 SHR), there was an FNH-USA SPR A5 TBM in 243 Win (Bartlein, 'smithed by Two Rivers Precision), topped with USO SN3 3.8-22, launching Copper Creek loaded 105 VLD Bergers from a 10 round mag, in my hands.... Best I could tell, it was "on call" for the duration, so it was all on me....

Fantastic match! I shot with my buddies the Jolly Joker CKA and Gugubica, and had a blast. I really like the new format, and it seems that there's always action somewhere. So good to see many friends that I hadn't visited with for some time. Kill house and helo definitely stood out (thank you Bushnell!), and those videos are great! I met my goal of traveling to and fro safely and completing CoF. Life is good.

Jacob, Lisa and RO crew were professional, well organized, and fair, as always, and the sponsors provided an impressive prize table. I'll have many fond memories, and I can't wait for the next one. Train-up will be an imperative next time - you can't practice this at home!...

Thank you!,

Bill

My "Once in a lifetime dream trip" to Rifles Only was train-up and match for the CorBon 308/Glock SHC in 2008, with GAP/Eric Reid built M40A1/USO MST-100 on my McMillan take-off (which has since found a new home with an 8541). I was hooked....

After taking the last year off to save pennies and vacation time, and get equipment straightened out (think 2009 SHR), there was an FNH-USA SPR A5 TBM in 243 Win (Bartlein, 'smithed by Two Rivers Precision), topped with USO SN3 3.8-22, launching Copper Creek loaded 105 VLD Bergers from a 10 round mag, in my hands.... Best I could tell, it was "on call" for the duration, so it was all on me....

Fantastic match! I shot with my buddies the Jolly Joker CKA and Gugubica, and had a blast. I really like the new format, and it seems that there's always action somewhere. So good to see many friends that I hadn't visited with for some time. Kill house and helo definitely stood out (thank you Bushnell!), and those videos are great! I met my goal of traveling to and fro safely and completing CoF. Life is good.

Jacob, Lisa and RO crew were professional, well organized, and fair, as always, and the sponsors provided an impressive prize table. I'll have many fond memories, and I can't wait for the next one. Train-up will be an imperative next time - you can't practice this at home!...

Thank you!,

Bill

How many people attend train-up? Curious. Lisa invited us to come down and attend the match, but we couldn't even guarantee we would have been competitive for last place. So we debated train-up for the trigger time. But didn't want to be disruptive if it was crazy full.

TTR

The Bushnell Brawl was my first PRS Match and was very fun and educational. I didn't know what to except and was impressed by so many folks offering help and advise. Jacob, Premo, Shawn, Wade, Matt, George and many others took time to offer coaching and answer my endless questions. Also thanks for helping with my BAT tactical action malfunction. It failed to eject empties on 2 high point stages. I did get 6 out of 10 on the 500 yd movers and enjoyed buzzing around in the helicopter. There are a lot of really good people in this group. Also great shooting with my other newbie shooters, Johnny, Jimmy, Baldemar. .....Carl

How many people attend train-up? Curious. Lisa invited us to come down and attend the match, but we couldn't even guarantee we would have been competitive for last place. So we debated train-up for the trigger time. But didn't want to be disruptive if it was crazy full.

TTR

I think it was close to 30 people for the train up.