• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk RO experience

MWDG3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2006
Owasso, OK
A moment ago#1
This past weekend I RO’d the PRS match in Ramona OK. It was my first precision rifle match and I was definitely GREEN. Fortunately one of the RO’s on my stage had experience RO’ing pistol matches. Most of the shooters were helpful early on and we ended up with a good system. Only one argument from a kid that claimed target impact and the RO calling a frame impact.

We had some difficulties with certain groups shooting targets on the next stage, which thru off their RO calls.

I was thankful for the opportunity to get involv‭ed. I learned watching every group come thru twice in two days. Rather than being a noob shooter exposed to one squad, I was exposed to every squad. It was good to see some shooters really think outside the box. Great match.

I’d love to hear from others about their RO experience and tips.

Reactions: Strike_out
ive RO'd at a few different matches when i was starting to get into the long range game. Its an amazing learning experience and getting the chance to watch how different shooters game the stages. Spotting is always fun though stressful at time but learning to watch trace and switchy winds help a ton when i was first starting out.

I RO’d at the Carolina Summer Shootout PRS match this past weekend, and I had a pretty good time. It was hot as crap, the wind was up and tempers could have been short, but it was right the opposite. The shooters were great, I had no arguments, all the squads were laughing and having a fun time. My stage was challenging but not impossible, but nobody cleaned it on Saturday. Sunday the same stage was repeated, but bigger targets were put up, but the par time was cut by 15 seconds, and the shooters in general got more hits. Everyone was very thankful to the ROs on my stage ( thank you Camille!) I really wish that more shooters would RO every once in a while, just to see how hard that it can be. We all need to help when we can, or we won’t have very many matches. I look forward to shooting more matches, and I look forward to ROing some more matches, and thanks to all the crazy shooters who made it fun.

Reactions: MC919 and LH_Gina