• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road cyclist, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Shooter McGavin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 22, 2009
    Some where in the US
    So, let's get this out of the motivational picture thread. You all can discuss that stuff here. I'll start from google.

roadcyclistsautocomplete.png

According to the majority of state Laws, Cyclists have legal use of roads. I expect you should find something better to bitch about

Reactions: Maggot
    they should be crushed and run over. a bunch of arrogant,self centered liberal elitists who "love the planet" and try to confound and interfere with normal traffic patterns. and of course,we have to build them and allow their own lanes which they completely ignore.
    and who pays for their privileged routes? those are done with gas taxes paid by the users of evil petro chemicals.

Last edited:
    I like to take my road bike out to the farm community to avoid cars. It's a plus if I can ride in front of some farmer in his combine. I love to keep him from getting to his next field. You think auto drivers get pissed being stuck behind a bicycle. Farmers are serious road ragers. I had one yelling about how many hours he works and I was delaying him even further.

Heaven forbid anyone trying to traverse this planet without paying taxes (income, excise, wheel, fuel, sales, registration fees, insurance, property) and burning fuel.

Reactions: Sandhog308
    I like to take my road bike out to the farm community to avoid cars. It's a plus if I can ride in front of some farmer in his combine. I love to keep him from getting to his next field. You think auto drivers get pissed being stuck behind a bicycle. Farmers are serious road ragers. I had one yelling about how many hours he works and I was delaying him even further.

Was all of his shit broken and leaking fluids?

I get in front of those people and stop. While going up hill. Makes the bikers happy to have to stop and lean off the bike

I rode a group ride with a dude about that size one time.
    Fucker refused to stop at stop signs and wouldn't unclip for anything.

A couple of us boxed him in at an intersection. He fell off and taco'd his rear wheel.

The ride leader told him too bad and to never show up at his rides again. 🤣🤣

Used to work in a bike shop when I raced tri's back in the 80's and 90's. I watched the middle aged tubby guys buying $1500 bikes (lots of money before carbon and titanium frames) and thinking to myself, if he would loose 30 pounds, he could get up those hills a lot faster on a 3 speed Huffy. If you are pounding out a 50 mile training ride, you can't do it on sidewalks or roads that always have shoulders.

It is going to get worse with more and more "boomers" buying e-bikes to stay in shape. You should see the roads in New Zealand with their narrow lanes and no shoulders. There are laws that say you have to give a bike 3 meters clearance when passing. Some of you "crush them all", would be spending time in the pokey. :ROFLMAO:

I ride mainly on trails or off-road now, but occasionally get the old steel framed (columbus tsx) road bike out and see if the legs can still pound some miles. If cars are coming up behind me, I will move as close as I can to the edge of the road to make passing me easy. If you get pissed about having to slow down for 30 seconds to move around a biker, you live in too populated an area and have other issues that are fucking up your world. Yes, I have 3 vehicles that are all 4 wheel drive and consume petroleum products, so I pay my fair share to use that road.

Reactions: Simonsza1
    We have people from the cities come out here to gravel bike. I haven't seen them in a while as most ranches around me have livestock guard dogs (LGS) to protect their animals and they chase off gravel bikers. The dogs are just doing their job and chasing off anyone they don't know. I have seen them chase off the cyclist, they just bark and scare the shit out of them. I am able to cycle on the same gravel roads with no problems the dogs know me.

road bikers should be allowed on any road they can maintain the posted car speed limit on
    Not to include roads that have a ton of blind curves

If you do not realize how dumb it is to ride a bike 15-20mph on a 45mph + posted speed limit road, in blind curves, then you deserve whatever you get for being dumb (legal or not, reminder the covid shot was legal and it wasn't smart either)

Darwin at work, what could possibly go wrong? :D :D

Studies show that a higher variance of vehicle speeds in traffic flow increases the risk of an accident.

Heaven forbid anyone trying to traverse this planet without paying taxes (income, excise, wheel, fuel, sales, registration fees, insurance, property) and burning fuel.
    You paid taxes on everything associated with that thing, retard. Even the labor to have someone else work on it because you can’t mechanic your way out of a plastic bag

According to the majority of state Laws, Cyclists have legal use of roads. I expect you should find something better to bitch about
    And so do pedestrians on most roads. That doesn't mean they should be there. I don't see cities promoting National Walk To Work day. I don't see cities going to their busiest roads and taking one lane away to make them "pedestrian only". I'm in Colorado. I don't see pedestrians walking on twisty mountain highways in the middle of the lane like I do cyclists. That doesn't even begin to describe the ones who think they can blow through stop signs or red lights. I don't know about anywhere else, but cyclists in Colorado are the most entitled, self-absorbed group of people out here. And don't get me started on these imbeciles biking in the middle of the lane when they're supposed to be as far to the right as possible, then complaining that people aren't giving them a 3' buffer. Fuck cyclists who act like this.

So no passing in the same lane.
    Nope, you have to wait until you can swing over into the other lane legally. To start with, you are driving on the wrong side of the road...:rolleyes: Summers are really crazy (Dec. - March) when all the bikers that camp are on the roads with panniers that have 70 pounds of gear going up and down the hills there.

You paid taxes on everything associated with that thing, retard. Even the labor to have someone else work on it because you can’t mechanic your way out of a plastic bag
    Wow the keyboard badasses have really taken a liking to this board! Do you have some disability we should know about? Cool it before you embarass yourself.

There are no fuel, excise, wheel, insurance, or property taxes associated with a bicycle. 0 add'l costs involved with someone walking down the road unless you want to count caloric intake.

Wow the keyboard badasses have really taken a liking to this board! Do you have some disability we should know about? Cool it before you embarass yourself.

There are no fuel, excise, wheel, insurance, or property taxes associated with a bicycle. 0 add'l costs involved with someone walking down the road unless you want to count caloric intake.
    You don't have home or renter's insurance that extends to your bike riding liability? Does the food you consume for energy to ride the bike not come with a tax? Did you not pay a tax on the bike when you bought it? Do you think the local city or state put those bike lanes in for free? Lets not pretend we do anything in this country without a fee and/or tax tacked on!

You don’t consider a sales tax a tax on the bike, shoes, accessories, associated clothing, or maintenance/repair items a tax on property? Or were you talking about a recurring tax? Even then, don’t think for a second that if bike riding became a viable tax in any sort of way your wise overlords wouldn’t jump at the opportunity. So that argument isn’t valid

Reactions: lash
    I’m willing to extend an olive branch to the roadies, actually. I get it. I like riding too, I just don’t have any time for any form of it because I have monstrous little kids. I’m sure the biker/driver conflict is the same as the chicken/egg question. There’s no way to tell which party was a cunt to the other first.

I’m sure we can all empathize a bit with the other side. Can we all just tone the cuntiness down by about 10% to start with?

You don't have home or renter's insurance that extends to your bike riding liability? Does the food you consume for energy to ride the bike not come with a tax? Did you not pay a tax on the bike when you bought it? Do you think the local city or state put those bike lanes in for free? Lets not pretend we do anything in this country without a fee and/or tax tacked on!

I'm pretty sure my tax money goes out to build sidewalks, and crosswalks.
    Thank God I live way outside the city limits. Those fucking flashing light crosswalks are for city dwellers and middle schoolers.
    Speaking of that, why the fuck do I have to pay for crossing guards so those little school aged shits can block off the roads every morning and afternoon. Let the little bastards cross on their own. They shouldn't be on the roads anyway.

I’m willing to extend an olive branch to the roadies, actually. I get it. I like riding too, I just don’t have any time for any form of it because I have monstrous little kids. I’m sure the biker/driver conflict is the same as the chicken/egg question. There’s no way to tell which party was a cunt to the other first.

I’m sure we can all empathize a bit with the other side. Can we all just tone the cuntiness down by about 10% to start with?

Fair 'nuff. I road biked for years. Never with a group as I did not want the rep and I was very selective about where I rode. I've been yelled/cussed/flipped off by pairs and groups because I was slower or (seldom) faster. Never had to put my hand on it, but always carried (the reason for no spandex).

I have no issue with the single rider minding his business. It's the ones that decide to move out farther in the lane because I'm traveling faster than they think I should. Or the group that blocks the intersection so everyone can get through without stopping.

No. This is The Hide. Cuntinessis mandatory.
    Well yeah, I didn’t say to stop it completely.
    Fair 'nuff. I road biked for years. Never with a group as I did not want the rep and I was very selective about where I rode. I've been yelled/cussed/flipped off by pairs and groups because I was slower or (seldom) faster. Never had to put my hand on it, but always carried (the reason for no spandex).

I have no issue with the single rider minding his business. It's the ones that decide to move out farther in the lane because I'm traveling faster than they think I should. Or the group that blocks the intersection so everyone can get through without stopping.
    Unfortunately, you can’t be appointed supreme leader of the roadies

Reactions: Modoc
    When I was a kid, I remember my bike having a license plate on it. Specifically for bicycles.
    Nowadays, all bikes should be:
    registered
    Insured
    riders should be licensed
    'how to ride on public roads' learners license
    bicycles and all accoutrements should be 'road taxed' and THOSE funds (and the above) would go towards creating specific 'bike paths'. And regarding that learners license.... that would be a 'logic' thing where cyclists (Pedalists, in My Lady's perspective) learn how to ride in public and not be cunty about it. Such that the Highway Traffic Act also have charges for 'hindering traffic' and other logical things.

That's all 'fair' and 'inclusive' and 'woke'..... right?

I pay no additional amount of insurance. If you’re arguing that it’s included, yeah, I guess, as it is included in yours but your fatass chooses not to utilize yourself. Any amount you are arguing are already fixed costs.

You don’t consider a sales tax a tax on the bike, shoes, accessories, associated clothing, or maintenance/repair items a tax on property? Or were you talking about a recurring tax? Even then, don’t think for a second that if bike riding became a viable tax in any sort of way your wise overlords wouldn’t jump at the opportunity. So that argument isn’t valid
    No, where I live sales tax is 7%. Property is based on assessed value (business vehicle) as is excise tax. Are you arguing that sales tax and property tax are one and the same?

You’re saying there is going to be a tax on riding a bicycle, or that there could be which defeats the purpose of riding now? How would that be tracked? I am curious on your way of thinking. I may not be able to explain things in a way that you would understand.

I was in Ft Leonard Wood last week for a change of command ceremony. The morning of we were driving on base to the event, and a e-bike with a kid blew a light doing at least 30mph on the bike. LIght turned green and we caught back up to him to watch him blow another light, and turn left from the furthest right lane, without having slowed down at all. If you're going to ride on the roads, the bike should have insurance. I'm required to have insurance to drive on the roads, so should the bike. A licensing scheme for bikes would be pointless, just because they're taught to not be cunts doesn't mean they won't still be cunts. There are far more cunts driving cars than bikes. There's a main road I use to take into the city that's pretty flat and void of hills, so there's a lot of bikers that traverse it on weekends. Roads wide, and doesn't have a lot of car traffic, so it's not a big deal to slow down and ease past them. I never blast by them, because the last thing I want is one of them being more retarded than the others and suddenly deciding to swerve in front of my 8500lbs truck.

Bikers on twisty 2 lane mountain roads with them in the middle of the lane, that should be a crime.

Branden

Fuck those leftist commie road bikers that haul their bikes in from somewhere else and fuck up the roads.

Il have a coke
    I’ll have you know I am neither a commie nor a leftist. Please don’t confuse us with that idiot who rides once in a blue moon, falls over and makes a General spectacle of our nation.

In every group there are ass holes. However, some of us cyclists are actually nice people who were born with an iq somewhat above a mentally retarded rock. Most of us are at least half human.

I was in Ft Leonard Wood last week for a change of command ceremony. The morning of we were driving on base to the event, and a e-bike with a kid blew a light doing at least 30mph on the bike. LIght turned green and we caught back up to him to watch him blow another light, and turn left from the furthest right lane, without having slowed down at all. If you're going to ride on the roads, the bike should have insurance. I'm required to have insurance to drive on the roads, so should the bike. A licensing scheme for bikes would be pointless, just because they're taught to not be cunts doesn't mean they won't still be cunts. There are far more cunts driving cars than bikes. There's a main road I use to take into the city that's pretty flat and void of hills, so there's a lot of bikers that traverse it on weekends. Roads wide, and doesn't have a lot of car traffic, so it's not a big deal to slow down and ease past them. I never blast by them, because the last thing I want is one of them being more retarded than the others and suddenly deciding to swerve in front of my 8500lbs truck.

Bikers on twisty 2 lane mountain roads with them in the middle of the lane, that should be a crime.

Branden
    Gotta reply to this as well

E-bikes should be licensed as motorcycles with the required license to ride them as well as all safety equipment. They should not be allowed on bike Paths. (Where you will fine people walking, jogging, and riding beach bikes).

The Most Dangerous cyclists I have ever seen, ride e-bikes with pedals that have never been turned. If it were truly up to me, I would ban them totally. If a fellow or lady is not skilled or capable or old enough, (or DOES NOT HAVE an IQ somewhat higher than a PROFOUNDLY MENTALLY RETARDED ROCK) They have no buisness riding motorcycles, wether it b e powered by gasoline, diesel or nuclear, hydro, natural gas, wind or sun generated electricity. BAN the damn things!

No ban the total idiots who ride them. (Almost to the bike, if the e-bike rider is less than 60 years old, they are the most dangerously operated things on America’s roads and paths. ). BAN the son (and daughters) of a bitches.

I apologize for being so kind and gentle with my words today. Just not in the mood to type exceptionally long strings of four letter words.

@Govt Mule
    It is going to get worse with more and more "boomers" buying e-bikes to stay in shape.

E-Bikes to stay in shape. You gotta be shittin me. When was the last time you saw an e-bike that had its pedals turned?

This is a “boomer” staying in shape. The only electricity on this bike is the bike computer

3C46CFE6-3F7C-4568-B06A-BB303FC1BF5F.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mike 556 and lash
    No, where I live sales tax is 7%. Property is based on assessed value (business vehicle) as is excise tax. Are you arguing that sales tax and property tax are one and the same?

You’re saying there is going to be a tax on riding a bicycle, or that there could be which defeats the purpose of riding now? How would that be tracked? I am curious on your way of thinking. I may not be able to explain things in a way that you would understand.
    I’m not saying I think there will be.

I’m only trying to say your tax argument is stupid for a few reasons

A) just because there isn’t a tax equivalent to autos doesn’t mean your shit-ass gov doesn’t want another source of revenue

2) just because there isn’t a recurring tax on bikes, like registration and/or insurance, doesn’t mean you don’t waste $$ on other associated taxes. Because you definitely do. And it’s definitely a destruction of wealth, just not on the same level as an income tax

D) I’ll add another point to finish an obscure joke that I’m sure nobody else gets. Don’t think you’re doing the planet some yuuuge favor by riding a bike instead of doing X other things. Any “carbon emissions”(bullshit propaganda) you’re offsetting instead of using something with an internal combustion engine is completely negated by a million other completely natural occurrences. The only thing you’re doing is getting a good workout, which is a worthwhile activity completely in itself

Reactions: lash