• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road Trip to TacOps

Iggy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Northern California
I just returned from my little adventure to TacOps. It was a quick and sweet, basically a 24hr drive fest. Left home on Friday at 10am and just returned Sat at 10am. I have not slept so if my post is hard to read I apologize.

I met Mike R and some of his crew at the shop and another hide member as well. They are all great friendly people. Mike took the time to show me his work with several rifles and I must say the work is incredible.

When those that have seen a TacOps in person say that pictures do not do it justice; it's true. The detail in the workmanship and engraving is really something else. I saw some rifles "naked" and finished and all the little details can keep looking at a single rifle for hours.

I got a quick peek of some of his other goodies like his Titanium suppressor. It's ridiculously light for it's size and they look like one single piece. No welds are visible whatsoever. It's took bad I live in California and can't own one of these.

I ended up ordering a Delta, I think that's what Mike told me it was based on the configuration we decided. I can't wait to see it finished. The proof target's he showed me on some finished rifles is unbelievable. Really, I've never seen groups this small in person.

I want to thank Mike and the guys for taking time to show me around. I could have even gone shooting with him if it didn't take me so long to drive down. Maybe next time.

Sorry about no pics. I got so distracted looking at awesome that I forgot to grab my camera.

Re: Road Trip to TacOps

Wow, I'd absolutely love to go tour Mikes place! I just bought one of his drag bags.......and I now think that I need it to be filled with one of his gorgeous rifles! If I didn't live all the way over here in Oklahoma then I would have already found my way in his direction. Mike is absolutely an awesome guy to deal with and he will answer any questions that you could possibly come up with as well. Can't wait to order mine!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Iggy</span>,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I will be on your Delta 51 very shortly. Like I stated if you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact me anytime...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Iggy, its cool that you had an opportunity to meet Mike and the crew and lay your eyes on what others have said to be perfection. Mike called me this past friday and said that if he felt well enough he was going to the range to certify my rifle. Heck, you might have seen my rifle before me, LOL. If you did see it, it would have been a Kilo-51 with a McMillan A3-5 stock wearing a Nightforce scope. So did you see it? TELL ME I MUST KNOW!!! GIVE ME ALL THE DETAILS!! I know its selfish of me but, I was kind of hoping Mike wouldnt shoot it feeling sick. I want him on his "A" game when he shoots those tiny groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dutch405</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I'd absolutely love to go tour Mikes place! I just bought one of his drag bags.......and I now think that I need it to be filled with one of his gorgeous rifles! If I didn't live all the way over here in Oklahoma then I would have already found my way in his direction. Mike is absolutely an awesome guy to deal with and he will answer any questions that you could possibly come up with as well. Can't wait to order mine!</div></div>

All his equipment is top notch! I got to see one of this drag bags in Multicam as well as his stock packs and they are really well constructed. Mike seems to think of everything and it shows in the details. For example his cheek packs have the ability to "tuck" away the extra velcro so that it doesn't snag on anything. His attention to detail is really amazing.

He definitely takes the time to explain anything you ask him and he is truly passionate about his work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Iggy</span>,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I will be on your Delta 51 very shortly. Like I stated if you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact me anytime...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span></div></div>

Thanks for everything Mike! I had a great time and I can't wait to have one of your rifles. Your passion and skill for rifle building really shines in the finished product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iggy, its cool that you had an opportunity to meet Mike and the crew and lay your eyes on what others have said to be perfection. Mike called me this past friday and said that if he felt well enough he was going to the range to certify my rifle. Heck, you might have seen my rifle before me, LOL. If you did see it, it would have been a Kilo-51 with a McMillan A3-5 stock wearing a Nightforce scope. So did you see it? TELL ME I MUST KNOW!!! GIVE ME ALL THE DETAILS!! I know its selfish of me but, I was kind of hoping Mike wouldnt shoot it feeling sick. I want him on his "A" game when he shoots those tiny groups. </div></div>

Haha! I think I may have seen yours
wink.gif
. All I can say is you will be extremely happy with it and its proof target. If I would have made it there sooner I could have been witness to a few.

He's quite the charmer is Mr Rescigno. As dangerous as he is to talk to on the phone (one invariably ends up agreeing to a rifle build) I imagine resistance is futile in person. Congrats on your new order!

I have to get him to let me play on the SEB range with those suppressors one day!

Iggy, I am jealous of your adventure!

I would love to some day tour Mr. Rescigno's workshop, his rifles seem like a work of art. I hear he is also a great cook!

I am so jealous! My wife did a road trip with the kids from San Diego to Cupertino during Thanksgiving. I had work that I had to do, so I couldn't make it. I was so sad that she was driving right by my Kilo 51 that was just getting ready to be shipped!

One of these days, I will make a trip of it and go to Lego Land for the kids and Tac Ops for dad (my own version of Lego Land with tighter tolerances).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just returned from my little adventure to TacOps. It was a quick and sweet, basically a 24hr drive fest. Left home on Friday at 10am and just returned Sat at 10am. I have not slept so if my post is hard to read I apologize.</div></div>
No worries, Iggy. Even after 24 hours straight, your post is easy-to-read, more coherent and is written with much better grammar than many posts seen on the Hide' and other forums. In the past I've juggled family, contracts, and open houses, having to stay awake and alert for 72 hours straight. Not fun but necessary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I met Mike R and some of his crew at the shop and another hide member as well. They are all great friendly people. Mike took the time to show me his work with several rifles and I must say the work is incredible.

When those that have seen a TacOps in person say that pictures do not do it justice; it's true. The detail in the workmanship and engraving is really something else. I saw some rifles "naked" and finished and all the little details can keep looking at a single rifle for hours.</div></div>
Iggy, it was me that you met. It was a pleasure to meet you - I'm glad you made it home OK in the wee hours of the morning. Red Bull + adrenaline is your friend! Too bad we couldn't head to the range this trip, but hopefully we can get to the range next time you drive down again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a quick peek of some of his other goodies like his Titanium suppressor. It's ridiculously light for it's size and they look like one single piece. No welds are visible whatsoever. It's took bad I live in California and can't own one of these.</div></div>
No doubt, Tac Ops work is incredible, and it is pretty cool to look through the suppressor and see how perfectly aligned everything is, and how small the aperature is - .021" between the bullet and the baffles and envelope is very tight, so everything must be <span style="font-style: italic">exactly</span> dead-on. If we could own suppressors I'd have a TAC .30 on my X-Ray 51, a TAC 5.56 on my LWRC M6A2-S, and an internally-suppressed Green Hornet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ended up ordering a Delta, I think that's what Mike told me it was based on the configuration we decided. I can't wait to see it finished. The proof target's he showed me on some finished rifles is unbelievable. Really, I've never seen groups this small in person.</div></div>
Yep, a Delta 51 it will be for you. For those unfamiliar with Tac Ops models, <span style="font-style: italic">"Deltas"</span> use re-worked McMillan A3s'. The numeric part of the name is derived from the cartridge's case length (hence "51" from 7.62x51, "66" from 7.62x66, ect).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to thank Mike and the guys for taking time to show me around. I could have even gone shooting with him if it didn't take me so long to drive down. Maybe next time.

Sorry about no pics. I got so distracted looking at awesome that I forgot to grab my camera. </div></div>
PM or call me the next time you plan to come down and maybe we can head to the range with Mike and some of the Tac Ops guys. As far as photos go, maybe next time.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dutch405</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I'd absolutely love to go tour Mikes place! I just bought one of his drag bags.......and I now think that I need it to be filled with one of his gorgeous rifles! If I didn't live all the way over here in Oklahoma then I would have already found my way in his direction. Mike is absolutely an awesome guy to deal with and he will answer any questions that you could possibly come up with as well. Can't wait to order mine! </div></div>
Two words of advice - <span style="font-style: italic">"do it!"</span> Motivational photo below:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 w/Mark 4 Rings & PMII 5-25X over Tac Ops 40 MOA Two-Piece Base and 22" Tac Ops Heavy Contour barrel</span></span>
X-Ray51inSHORTMultiCamGen5Plus28x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iggy, its cool that you had an opportunity to meet Mike and the crew and lay your eyes on what others have said to be perfection. Mike called me this past friday and said that if he felt well enough he was going to the range to certify my rifle. Heck, you might have seen my rifle before me, LOL. If you did see it, it would have been a Kilo-51 with a McMillan A3-5 stock wearing a Nightforce scope. So did you see it? TELL ME I MUST KNOW!!! GIVE ME ALL THE DETAILS!! I know its selfish of me but, I was kind of hoping Mike wouldnt shoot it feeling sick. I want him on his "A" game when he shoots those tiny groups. </div></div>
I don't know if <span style="font-style: italic">Iggy</span> saw your Kilo 51, but I did. It is absolutely beautiful, as Tac Ops always are. Also, Mike did shoot your Kilo on Friday while still under the weather, <span style="font-style: italic">but it still shot in the zeros'</span> well below Tac Ops .25 MOA guarantee. However, while Mike doesn't want to delay shipment to you, he said that he might go shoot your Kilo again before shipping if he feels better. I've also seen and handled another Hide' member's (<span style="font-style: italic">TYB422</span>) Kilo 51 that wears a Premier 5-25X Gen 2 XR 27 MIL MTC, as well as <span style="font-style: italic">Carter Mayfield</span>'s Kilo 51, which is a twin to the former. I feel naughty just thinking about it.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow Iggy, I'm kind of starting to get jealous here. Congrats on adding another thourobred to your stable. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Jonah</span></span>, while congratulations are in order to <span style="font-style: italic">Iggy</span> theres' no need for jealously. The best way to curtail <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops envy"</span> is to order one (or more) Tac Ops of your own. Although, I have to admit that <span style="font-style: italic">I am</span> envious of Tac Ops owners' and other shooters' who get to use Mike's suppressors!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kthomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iggy, I am jealous of your adventure!

I would love to some day tour Mr. Rescigno's workshop, his rifles seem like a work of art. I hear he is also a great cook! </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">kthomas</span></span>, Tac Ops rifles and suppressors <span style="font-style: italic">ARE</span> functioning works of art, and it is a lucky few who are allowed inside the Tac Ops' shop. Mike meets customers' and does his paperwork at his office in BH. You don't get a rush like when in the shop, but it is interesting to look around and see citations and letters of commendation to Tac Ops from Section Chiefs, Heads of State, and other high-ranking officials.

Also, both Mike and his lovely wife are great cooks. A couple of weeks ago I had the good fortune to be treated to some home-made Italian chicken soup when I visited Mike. The good news for you is that although you don't live in California, you are lucky enough to live in a <span style="font-style: italic">free</span> state.

Keith

Aries64,

Thanks for the update. I cant wait to get my hands on that rifle. Buddies of mine at work, who know I ordered the rifle, always ask me when they will get a chance to see it and give it a workout. My response, soon, but never, if you know what I mean. This one is all mine to shoot. Jokes aside, ill let whomever wants to take it for a spin have at it, and then I will smile and grin as I see there sad, depressed face as I take her home. I am sure once they give my Tac Ops a go, they will order their own.

Keith, you are a good writer! If anyone needs to have some explained to them thoroughly you are the man.

It was great to meet you and see your X-Ray in person. Truly a piece of art, and I hope to spend some time with you all at the range next time I'm down there.

Like Keith said, if you have any questions or want a TacOps call Mike. If you don't want to buy one don't call him. If you do then he will make your bank account smaller.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries64,

Thanks for the update. I cant wait to get my hands on that rifle. Buddies of mine at work, who know I ordered the rifle, always ask me when they will get a chance to see it and give it a workout. My response, soon, but never, if you know what I mean. This one is all mine to shoot. Jokes aside, ill let whomever wants to take it for a spin have at it, and then I will smile and grin as I see there sad, depressed face as I take her home. I am sure once they give my Tac Ops a go, they will order their own. </div></div>
No problem. Letting someone shoot a Tac Ops generally has that effect, so letting someone shoot your Kilo 51 could definitely be the catalyst for a Tac Ops order - it does happen. Its' actually happened with my X-Ray 51 twice.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keith, you are a good writer! If anyone needs to have some explained to them thoroughly you are the man.</div></div>
Thanks Iggy, I try. Unfortunately, I think that you may have set raised the bar to where I can I may not be able to reach it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was great to meet you and see your X-Ray in person. Truly a piece of art, and I hope to spend some time with you all at the range next time I'm down there.</div></div>
Same here. Mike said he didn't have an X-Ray to show you so I told him I'd bring mine. We should definitely try to work some range time in on your next trip down to L.A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Keith said, if you have any questions or want a TacOps call Mike. If you don't want to buy one don't call him. If you do then he will make your bank account smaller. </div></div>
That was actually <span style="font-style: italic">EH</span> referring to how when you to Mike Rescigno Mike's knowledge, professionalism, and respectful demeanor command attention and compel orders.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am so jealous! My wife did a road trip with the kids from San Diego to Cupertino during Thanksgiving. I had work that I had to do, so I couldn't make it. I was so sad that she was driving right by my Kilo 51 that was just getting ready to be shipped!</div></div>
Carter, your Kilo 51 is so very sweet, especially with a TAC .30 suppressor. I want one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these days, I will make a trip of it and go to Lego Land for the kids and Tac Ops for dad (my own version of Lego Land with tighter tolerances). </div></div>
Be sure to let Mike know when you'll be in town - I'm always interested in meeting other Hide' members when schedules' allow for it.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am so jealous! My wife did a road trip with the kids from San Diego to Cupertino during Thanksgiving. I had work that I had to do, so I couldn't make it. I was so sad that she was driving right by my Kilo 51 that was just getting ready to be shipped!</div></div>
Carter, your Kilo 51 is so very sweet, especially with a TAC .30 suppressor. I want one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these days, I will make a trip of it and go to Lego Land for the kids and Tac Ops for dad (my own version of Lego Land with tighter tolerances). </div></div>
Be sure to let Mike know when you'll be in town - I'm always interested in meeting other Hide' members when schedules' allow for it.

Keith</div></div>

I am definitely Legoland bound one of these days. I will place the calls.