• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robar Thunder Ranch and Sr-60 rifles..

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
I was thinking about getting a Robar rifle. Either a Thunder Ranch or an SR-60 is what I plan on getting.

Has anyone ever shot these rifles and if so, what can I expect from customer service and accuracy?

Wes

Re: Robar Thunder Ranch and Sr-60 rifles..

I have a sr-60 in 308. It has the m14 mag BM. The gun is one of my favorite, But I had to send it back three times before they got it right. I dealt with A man named Tadd or Todd? I can tell you that this style is old and out dated. GA, Surgeon are whats hot now. They wont shoot any better. I dont like the coated stock. Try to get them to give you one with color molded in. I would not buy another one unless you are getting it for a great price? Hope this helps?

Re: Robar Thunder Ranch and Sr-60 rifles..

I have their SR-90. I got it back in 2001. GAP wasn't so well known then yet and Robar was so I went with them. The rifle is as accurate as any however I would not by from them. I dealt with the gentleman Tadd Hatch(?) who was OK. The woman answering the phone was not. That's minor however. For the money, I would go GAP, PAI or Score High any day. No experience yet with Surgeon. IMHO Robar was way over priced for what you get. Their finish is good but so is Mr. Birdsongs. Hope this helps.