• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robert E Lee Statue

candyx

Private
Minuteman
  • Apr 6, 2014
    After the guns go the statue of Robert E Lee will follow so say democrats and governor , wonder if they will rename Virginia due to the history behind the State. I guess the powers to be chose Virginia because it played such an important part during the American Revolution that if they could publicly humiliate Virginia by disarming its citizens and remove its history that it could act as the epicenter for the new world order as they see it.

For ever what reason the left wants to totally erase history as we all know it! Our history shows we have stood up and challenged anyone who tried to deprive us of our way of life. People should learn from history, not fed garbage in schools the the liberals have made up to support their agenda! This year I have adopted Make Christmas Great Again! I tell every fucking person I see or meet in the stores, emails, walking on the street, Merry Christmas! We must fight the counter culture the liberals are forcing down on our Country! This is a turning point for our children, grandchildren and their future!

For ever what reason the left wants to totally erase history as we all know it! Our history shows we have stood up and challenged anyone who tried to deprive us of our way of life. People should learn from history, not fed garbage in schools the the liberals have made up to support their agenda! This year I have adopted Make Christmas Great Again! I tell every fucking person I see or meet in the stores, emails, walking on the street, Merry Christmas! We must fight the counter culture the liberals are forcing down on our Country! This is a turning point for our children, grandchildren and their future!

You answered your own question in the first two sentences. That is exactly what they don't like and want to get rid of.
    A free society that thinks for themselves and acts upon those that wish to undermine it.

Reactions: Jrb572

So, let's get this straight. Antifa labels anyone who doesn't march with them as fascist, and this bothers us greatly. But you run up in everyone's faces with a politicized and weaponized expression of religious identification, and see nothing wrong with perverting the purpose of your savior's message? Not saying Merry Christmas doesn't make someone any less conservative. Flip it around, and it's sounding pretty alahu akbar to me. It's very telling that even I can see the hypocrisy in that.

Being from Charlottesville Im close to the situation. Out of respect Ive queried a lot of black friends and associates and received fairly similar replies. These are educated folks, not street homies. One said "Well, you know I hadnt thought about it too much. When I do stop and ponder it ti does offend me, lets face ti the man fought to keep me a slave, but I dont let it get in my way." Another, very educated woman said " You have to consider the intent of the man who put it there. Was it to honor Lee or to intimidate the black community? Having read extensively about the guy who put it there its general consensus that the statue was put in the middle of the park, not to honor Lee but to intimidate. another guy just said.."Yeah, its sucks but I gotta get on with my life."

So my take is that it should out of respect to our fine black citizens (respectfully) be removed to a place like Appomattox Battleground National Park. Those who want to view it can do so there.

My family is distantly related to the Lee family. Personally I think in context, he made the wrong choice in fighting against the nation he swore to defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic . No need to go into long dissertations about the reasons behind the war, Im focusing on only one part, all else aside, bottom line he fought for a group that wanted to maintain the enslavement of other human beings.

So, let's get this straight. Antifa labels anyone who doesn't march with them as fascist, and this bothers us greatly. But you run up in everyone's faces with a politicized and weaponized expression of religious identification, and see nothing wrong with perverting the purpose of your savior's message? Not saying Merry Christmas doesn't make someone any less conservative. Flip it around, and it's sounding pretty alahu akbar to me. It's very telling that even I can see the hypocrisy in that.

Well said.

I personally refuse to say 'Merry Christmas' for that very reason. 'Christmas' has become nothing more than a perversion of the true message of the Christ. Its about money, fat jolly little elves, pagan tree worship.

When put on the spot I jsut reply "Praise the Lord."

Honestly it can be viewed in a similar light from both sides of the fence.
    Sure he fought for the side in favor of slavery but isn't it also the same side that most that are offended by it identify with politically that are ultimately trying to strip us of our rights, history and dumb down our society so they can once again enslave the masses ?

Reactions: Blutroop
    Honestly it can be viewed in a similar light from both sides of the fence.
    Sure he fought for the side in favor of slavery but isn't it also the same side that most that are offended by it identify with politically that are ultimately trying to strip us of our rights, history and dumb down our society so they can once again enslave the masses ?

With an interim of 160 years I think too much has changed to make that analogy. After Appomattox all the Southern troops were allowed to take their rifles home for hunting etc. The only ones prevented from owning weapons were the newly freed black folks and that wasnt by the Union.

With an interim of 160 years I think too much has changed to make that analogy. After Appomattox all the Southern troops were allowed to take their rifles home for hunting etc. The only ones prevented from owning weapons were the newly freed black folks and that wasnt by the Union.

If it wasn't by the union then that just strengthens my comment.
    Not to mention the long list of offenses committed after that to keep them at a lower level within society yet many/most still support the very party that has fought every step of the way throughout history to keep them there.

How did we go from Robert E Lee to Satan Claws?

Little sand in the VeGJJ this time of year?

The cracker to soup ratio is a little too high for my tastes. Nothing wrong with celebrating yours, just don't swing the Prince of Peace around and around like a battle axe. Doesn't quite go with the message, dig?

Plain and simple they need to destroy any assemblance of anything to unify feelings around so everyone is more easily managed.

Unless of course its sexual deviation.

Independence will not be tolerated.

How did we go from Robert E Lee to Satan Claws?

Little sand in the VeGJJ this time of year?

Never meant to hi-jack the thread, I just see that pulling down statues and a lot of the new PC culture is erasing history, it was meant as a comparison.

The cracker to soup ratio is a little too high for my tastes. Nothing wrong with celebrating yours, just don't swing the Prince of Peace around and around like a battle axe. Doesn't quite go with the message, dig?

You're bitching about the equivalent of the bankers importing an overwhelming number of Eskimos into Punjab for the next 50 years til they start bitching that the area is too full of Sikhs.

I get it, and cringe sometimes the level people take their preaching.

But reality is if it wasn't for Jesus, if one believes or not, there would be no U.S.A to air your complaint in.

They have been taught that statue is hurting them with remembrance.

How about them walking by it and flipping Him the bird and saying, hey how did that slavery thing work out for you. It should remind them that they as a people won. The Constitution worked.

Reactions: j-huskey
    You're bitching about the equivalent of the bankers importing an overwhelming number of Eskimos into Punjab for the next 50 years til they start bitching that the area is too full of Sikhs.

I get it, and cringe sometimes the level people take their preaching.

But reality is if it wasn't for Jesus, if one believes or not, there would be no U.S.A to air your complaint in.
    :poop:
    They have been taught that statue is hurting them with remembrance.

How about them walking by it and flipping Him the bird and saying, hey how did that slavery thing work out for you. It should remind them that they as a people won. The Constitution worked.

Why should they have to?

Will the Republic stand with so many claiming they are victimized or offended?

I saw a commercial the other day about using your foe as the drive to better yourself, train harder and become the victor.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    If it wasn't by the union then that just strengthens my comment.
    Not to mention the long list of offenses committed after that to keep them at a lower level within society yet many/most still support the very party that has fought every step of the way throughout history to keep them there.

Perhaps you mis understood.

The Union allowed the southern soldiers to keep their weapons.

The southern soldiers, or their governance, denied the blacks the right to the same.

The landscape has altered so much I dont see that a reasonable comparison can be drawn. The lefties go far beyond the south today. Its a national disease.

Because it happened and it's history. But they don't really have to they could ignore it. Only the weak let History and a Statue cripple them.

They don't seem to mind worshiping their new slave masters. Actually it's the same old slave masters, if you don't learn you don't succeed.

So if they put up a statue of Hitler in your town square you'd "Just ignore it"?

If it weren't for Jesús, your grass wouldn't get cut, your offices wouldn't get cleaned, and your produce would lie rotting in the fields.

Oh, and you can pump your own fuckin' gas, too.

So if they put up a statue of Hitler in your town square you'd "Just ignore it"?
    I would not let it destroy my life.

PS Maybe we should just eliminate the moon shots from history. After all It was a Nazi that made it possible. Destroy all Saturn V rockets at the cape. It's too painful for me.

Last edited:
    Lee was a shoddy tactician who led his men and their country to their demise. The south should have hung him instead of build statues of him.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    You have to understand the liberals hate symbolism. They hate Confederate statues, they hate the American flag, they hate religion, they hate the pledge of allegiance, they hate our guns, and I could go on and on. You have HOA's now telling people you can't have an American flag flying in the front of your house? So where does it stop with them, you get the picture?

You forgot Columbus they hate Columbus Day.

Obama was the greatest lie ever perpetrated on the American people. He defiled the Constitution by using the security state against our current president. But you don't hear me wanting to erase him from history and tear down any statues, do you? They want George Washington and Thomas Jefferson removed from history for being slave owners. But what they created eventually freed those same slaves.

Liberty is messy and hearing and seeing things you find repulsive are part of what it is. People just need to get over themselves. I don't give an eff about what happened then, I live in the here and now. The Pols don't give an eff about the Black or White people and everything in between. They virtue signal because it is helpful to their cause. In the here and now, the only thing that holds anyone down is their own minds being enslaved by their own hatred.

Last edited:
    This nation has been the spoils of a tyrant since the south lost the war. The only thing that ever let them keep their statues was the need to cool tempers after the war, surprised they let them stand even this long.

If black folks find it oppressive might they consider that in the south a slave could effectively be freed by law and given his own stake, in the north blacks were lower than second class citizens by law, and from which there was no real freedom. Everyone likes to knock the south for being racist, and surely they still have their fair share, but they also have a significant concentration of black folks who came from ancestral lines of slaves who were treated as indentured servants and freed. Both areas created a dynamic rife with the abuse of black people, it was certainly wrong, but the notion that the south was somehow worse at it is a downright goddamn lie.

I would imagine Governor Blackface will have all history books burned because of all the references to slave owners , George Washington should be removed completely in all context. You will become WOKE or you will be put in a re-education camp until you become WOKE. Virginia State House will need to be torn down for the design and builders were slave owners.

It's real easy to blame the south, the United Daughters of the Confederacy, the statues, and Jim Crow for all the ills the black race suffered since 1865.

Easy and convenient. Too easy.

Which takes the blame off fed gov who either allowed it or orchestrated it all to get the $ flowing again.

Benjamin Beast Butler took numerous black complaints against the white rebellion against reconstruction. They are recorded in the library of Congress. There are historical pictures of former slaves in Washington asking fed gov to stop the guerrilla warfare against them, along with their documented complaints.
    History repeatedly records black people asking fed gov to enforce the Constitution for them the same as fed gov did for the white people, damn the red people, let them starve to death. Library of Congress has numerous files on this.
    History repeatedly records fed gov doing basically nothing until FDR stomped some people for peonage in ww2, to counter Hitlers propaganda that blacks were still as enslaved then as in 1860.
    Until the military began desegregation, until school desegregation, and until the civil rights voting act...

Wasnt the southerners in total, wasnt the UDC, wasnt the statues,

It was the whole United States governance, from 1865 to date. The truth is not lost, just misplaced, there for anyone to find.

The ruling elite, in US governance rose to power and wealth on the backs of poor labor, black, brown, yellow, and whites considered trash.

A very careful study of who used peonage labor to grow wealthy isnt limited to just the south....

But, nobody wants the truth, bc hate and division keeps things status quo. Who in the north wanted blacks kept in low paying jobs. Who in the north fed the kkk growth. Who in the west used and abused Chicano and celestials... who profited ?

Damn sure wasnt a southern statue put up by women.....
    Sure, destroy the statues, tear them down, the sooner the better, get that shit gone, and see if it changes anything that "the bullshit" says it will change.

If you disappeared every statue, every name, and every vestige of the history of slavery, how long will it take the world to see absolutely nothing has changed, that black, brown, yellow, and serf white, will still be slaves to the money machine running fed gov.

Jeez....

Anybody else recognize those statues were a "fuck you" to fed gov and the war of northern aggression winners, as much as anything else they are alleged to stand for ?

And fed gov allowed it because it kept the $ flowing... just like fed gov allowed everything to happen to "the races" despite the Constitution, because it kept the $ flowing.

Who is fighting now to keep the $ flowing into their millionaire pockets.... and working to keep the people divided.....

Its damn sure not a statue of a dead person, or even the idea the dead person believed in....

And dig deep enough, you wont find many southern cause descendents being a part of it now.

But, who really gives a shit about the truth anymore, right. ???

its the devilcrats not dems if at all possible the fed government should designate all those statutes and monuments as natl parks

its the devilcrats not dems if at all possible the fed government should designate all those statutes and monuments as natl parks

Fed gov cant afford to do that, declare "signs of hate" as national parks because
    a. It would "look" like fed gov approved of 1860 slavery, the people who instituted it, and who fought for it.
    b. That would offend all black people fed gov wants voting for them and believing in them. And dependent on them.
    c. Fed gov cant have those people not believing "them" and possibly saying "No" to more fed gov lies and bullshit.

Could go on ad nauseam.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    For ever what reason the left wants to totally erase history as we all know it!

When ISIS was in control they also destroyed old monuments, statues and buildings that didn't fit their world view.
    When Hitler was in control they burned literature.

I'm not saying it's a "left" thing to do, but it's one hundred percent an ignorant thing to do.

Don't destroy culture, art, monuments, statues, books and so on.

When ISIS was in control they also destroyed old monuments, statues and buildings that didn't fit their world view.
    When Hitler was in control they burned literature.

I'm not saying it's a "left" thing to do, but it's one hundred percent an ignorant thing to do.

Don't destroy culture, art, monuments, statues, books and so on.

There is a big difference in relocating something, that was intentionally put in place to intimidate one group to another place where it can be admired by those who wish to admire it, and simply destroying it for the sake of destroying it.

If you read the history of the man who place the statue of Lee in the park in Charlottesville you see that, while he was a generous benefactor in many ways, its likely it wasnt placed there to memorialize Lee but to intimidate the blacks. The article below give a pretty accurate synopsis. Its not the only article Ive read that surmises that likely, Lee himself, would not have wanted the statue. He want our nation to heal.

Put it at Appomattox.

A Historical Look at the Robert E Lee Statue in Charlottesville
    thesexypolitico.com/2017/08/15/a-historical-look...
    Aug 15, 2017 · A Historical Look at the Robert E Lee Statue in Charlottesville. Emancipation Park (Lee Park) was created in 1917 by Paul Goodloe McIntire as a place to put his statues. McIntire was a philathropist who gave A LOT of money to the Charlottesville area, mostly to the University of Virginia where he endowed the arts,...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
    Do you have a link to something that will enlighten me on these monuments being placed to intimidate?
    There is a big difference in relocating something, that was intentionally put in place to intimidate one group to another place where it can be admired by those who wish to admire it, and simply destroying it for the sake of destroying it.

Columbus Day, General Lee, Hitler etc. Can’t we please just forget all these people so we can start over and repeat it all again?

Reactions: FS1
    Useful idiots are doing as they are told.
    To dumb to realize they are erasing the history of their chosen party.
    A few years down the road they will deny their affiliation and ask where the tangible proof is.
    A material version of the BS story of party swap.

R

Reactions: deersniper
    That's pretty lame.
    See my edited post.
    Maybe you should read it again.
    Maybe the author of your link could have tried a bit harder to link the commission of the statues and the parks, for both whites and blacks, to the Klan.

Possibly you can see something because that's what you are looking for?

Useful idiots are doing as they are told.
    To dumb to realize they are erasing the history of their chosen party.
    A few years down the road they will deny their affiliation and ask where the tangible proof is.
    A material version of the BS story of party swap.

R
    yes the party swap fantasy. Only a Democrat could make that one up and only another Democrat would believe it. This is being pushed heavily in the university’s now. I just got the speil from a recent grad. Really fucked up considering what President Johnson said.

Reactions: Rthur
    That's pretty lame.
    Maybe you should read it again.
    Maybe the author of your link could have tried a bit harder to link the commission of the statues and the parks, for both whites and blacks, to the Klan.

Possibly you can see something because that's what you are looking for?
    I was thinking exactly the same about you. The simple fact that he created a SEPARATE parks for black citizens says volumes.

I was thinking exactly the same about you. The simple fact that he created a SEPARATE parks for black citizens says volumes.
    Yeah, it says bad things happened and they were corrected. People will now they either grasp that opportunity or vote for Democrats and wallow in their own self pity. JMHO. Trump is changing that faster than you think.

The dems loved having their hands out taking in the cash during the 150th anniversary activities. Wonder if they will drag back out the statutes from wherever they send them for the 200th?

Yeah, it says bad things happened and they were corrected.

Bull fucking horse shit.

They were made separate for a reason. If you cant grasp that its on you.

Bwaahaha.
    Like I said. If you look hard enough that rock will actually move all by itself. Trust me, stare at it long enough and it will.

And the fact that he donated two for the whites and only one for the blacks is like the cherry on top!!!

Maybe I missed where he had a sculpture of Lee lynching a black person to "intimidate" the blacks.
    SJW much??? Or is it just White Guilt?

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    The statue is from 1924, not really a piece of civil war history. Doubt Lee himself would have seen it fitting to erect at that time and in that place, the fact that segregation was still so vividly the norm there when it was done doesn't give it much virtue to stand on. While I don't think there's a ton to tie to KKK fuckery I don't see it standing on its own historical merits either. If people have a problem with it, I see no harm in removing it to somewhere else more fitting a frame, it's not a relic of anything itself except for 1924 where it sits. Put it in a museum or a battlefield if folks have an issue with it, I don't think one side or the other in the argument regarding it has much to stand on, so if folks can't agree then why have it there.

I'm of the school of thought that statues which are historical themselves, and not just simply of historical people, are the ones which should be protected and kept in place.

Reactions: Maggot
    Neither. Its just being aware that others may have different perceptions and needs than I and respecting them.

But youre above all that arent you.

Good grief. You are moving the friggin goal post. You started out on the premise that the man had the sculptures done to "intimidate" and you backed that with some virtue signaling bitches writings when questioned on your bullshit.
    Now you are saying that you are not suffering from white guilt or a SJW it's just that you are respecting others perceptions that you have no clue about.
    Neither. Its just being aware that others may have different perceptions and needs than I and respecting them.

But youre above all that arent you.
    As a Puerto Rican Irish mix. I can assure you that I have a far greater inside view on the subject than you know.

Now if you want to do some research and actually find some facts to back up your "intimidation" statement. I can assure you that I will read them.
    You can visit any of my posting and see that I will readily admit when I was wrong. Seems as though there may be trouble on your behalf in this situation to do so.