• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robert Gradous and Bartlein barrels sure get the job done!!

JRWALLSIII

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Elkton,Florida,USA
www.wallsrifles.com
Had an extremely good day at the range. Figured I'd share my results

This is the second 6.5x47 Robert has built for me. Both rifles were chambered using a Bartlein barrel and both are tack drivers!!

100 yards on paper

900 yards on steel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Sweet bejeezus those are some awesome results. I can't wait to get my action back from Gre-Tan and stock from Manners so I can have Mr. Robert build me a laser like that!

that thing is ridiculous JW !!!! I think yall got the total package figured out. i wouldnt hesitate to say you got the most acccurate tac rifle in the US.job well done to RG but ALSO to you as a shooter/reloader. amazing,congrats!!

Robert's 6.5x47L reamer is made of unicorn bone and chimera blood. What's crazy is that is the type of groups you can *expect* out of the rifle, not just a fluke. There's not a better man in the business than Robert, and his builds are awesome.

It gets old seeing you Gradous build guys posting pics of one shot on paper and calling it a group.

Great shooting!

I am really happy with my build based on 6.5x47 with a Bartlein barrel. This cartridge is sooo easy to load for, even the worst loads I have come up with are under an inch at 100.

What powder are you using? I have had success with Varget and Reloder 17 with 123 grain Sierras so far.

If that steel target was really shot at 900 yards you better be shooting some group matches somewhere, because that's a world record looking group. Lee

One day I will have Gradeous build me a rifle. Even though I couldn't ask for a better smith than I am using now, I am impressed with the accuracy and quality every time I see a Gradeous build.

I can vouch for this man's shooting and his character and I have NO doubt as to the legitimacy of his claims. GREAT shooting Joe!

When I built my 300 with Gradous he had nothing but good things to say about you.

EVERY rifle that leaves is place is boringly accurate. Congrats on the build!

Good Jesus man, you must be eating glaciers and pissing ice water to stay that cool behind the trigger! That is amazing shooting!
peak98

Good night! That 900y group is crazy! Any chance we could see a picture or two of the beast that produced those groups!?

I'll be with Robert this weekend building my second rifle. The first one is just like JARWALLIII's! I'm sure this one will be the same!

Thanks for the kind words guys

Here's a pic

Specs:

Surgeon 591
Bartlein Heavy Palma 1/8 28in with Little Bastard
MCM Baker Special KMW hardware
Surgeon DBM
Jewell
SB 5x25

Load
37.4 Varget
140 Hybrids
CCI 450s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 15
If that steel target was really shot at 900 yards you better be shooting some group matches somewhere, because that's a world record looking group. Lee

Skeet, Joe is pulling triggers on a regular basis and is dead serious about developing his art. He shoots better groups off a barricade, under time, in front of a crowd than many can shoot off a bench.

He has nothing to prove except that he is excited about his rifle shooting well and wants to give Robert credit for the usual top tier work.

Had an extremely good day at the range. Figured I'd share my results

This is the second 6.5x47 Robert has built for me. Both rifles were chambered using a Bartlein barrel and both are tack drivers!!

100 yards on paper

900 yards on steel

Damn

Did I miss in the original post how many rounds were in each of those insanely small groups? If it were 5rds it would be amazing, but it looks to be quite a few more than that, which is CRAZY accurate.

Thanks for the kind words guys

Here's a pic

Specs:

Surgeon 591
Bartlein Heavy Palma 1/8 28in with Little Bastard
MCM Baker Special KMW hardware
Surgeon DBM
Jewell
SB 5x25

Load
37.4 Varget
140 Hybrids
CCI 450s

Not questioning legitimacy, I legitimately wish I could should that good lol! Beautiful rifle btw. I hope to compete at the gap grind this year if they hold the "pro-am" style comp.

Awesome shooting Joe.

Joe is a gentleman too, at the K and M Panhandle Match last July he was very polite and helpful.

Looks like your not giving anything away to those who choose the 6 Creedmoor.

With respect,
Jack

Outstanding Joe! What kind of velocity are you getting with the hybrids? It seems like a lot of people claim the 140's aren't suited for the 6.5x47L. It looks like you do quite well with them. :)

Last edited:
If Robert Gradous does something different during the building process that makes his rifles more accurate, does anyone know what that is?

That is a work of art. Robert Gradous is hell of a great guy.

That is some damn fine shooting and a damn fine looking rifle, now how am I going to beat that?

What was the wait time for your rifle and did you supply the parts or did you order everything from Robert Gradous? Really great shooting and nice rifle colors.

Robert is an amazing artist when it comes to building these rifles. I hope to own one one day. It seems like every rifle he builds is an absolute hammer. Great shooting to by the way. His rifles don't drive themselves.........Do they? Haha

Awesome shooting and I can see why your happy with the RG. I am no where near that and it gets driven to get out and shoot tomorrow AM.

Congrats