• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robert Gradous Rifles

Rondogg

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2018
Arizona
Hello,
I am interested in possibly purchasing a used Gradous built rifle. Research does not yield a lot of results on his builds. Obviously he does not build alot of rifles, but do any Hide members have any feedback on his builds? Any help would be appreciated. You can PM if you like. Thanks

Copy this: site:snipershide.com Gradous
paste it into the google search window.

I have never seen an bad word said about his builds.

Builds straight up hammers. Also does classes to teach others how to build hammers.

Never heard or seen one that didn’t cut a single hole on a target.

Copy this: site:snipershide.com Gradous
paste it into the google search window.

I have never seen an bad word said about his builds.

Actually, I can think of one post and then we discovered it wasn't even a Gradous build but being the man he is he offered to fix the guys problem! ?

Reactions: BCX and spife7980
Thank you all. Sounds like he stands behind his builds, and will do follow ups if not working correctly. Still cautious sending money to a seller and hoping all works well. Any suggestion??

Known member here? Shouldn’t be a problem. As always, due diligence is good idea.

New seller or seems odd, use goods and services or work out an FFL escrow.

Reactions: diverdon
Suggest not worrying much about the build. If not monkeyed with it will be fine.

My friend had a rifle built by him and I have a barrel chambered by him on my AI. He does first class work. I would put him up there with anyone.

If you want a great experience with a great rifle and shop get a new build. The money you save is not worth the aggravation. The new gun will shoot as good as your expectations or better. If there is a problem they stand behind it. Sure you can buy some custom built rifles that are stellar, but go away accuracy wise in a short period of time. Not the fault of the smith but gun was almost shot out. Individuals want to peddle their used up wares and get new at somebody's expense. Buy new and enjoy it. Call Jon and start an experience you will enjoy. 706-951-4987

My friend had a rifle built by him and I have a barrel chambered by him on my AI. He does first class work. I would put him up there with anyone.

How do you like the AI barrel? Was it a prefit?

I will be purchasing a 26" 6.5 CM built off a Krieger blank and Cerakoted. Waiting for him to get a new reamer

Robert built me a sweet 223AI that is a tack driver.

Robert has done a full build for me and a bunch of AI barrels. He also worked on a rifle not built by him that I was having issues. The finished product has always been exceptional. I am having more work done by him later this month. He is one of my ‘go to’ guys for anything rifle related. A lot of people dont realize it but he has taught some of the better rifle smiths out there how to do things properly.

Reactions: lash
I’ve talked to Robert on the phone exactly one time about an AI barrel. I got the distinct impression that he has a 110% level of personal engagement and commitment to quality. There are many other quality barrels I could purchase for my AI, but when it’s time, Gradous is who I will call.

I got mine from the guys down at OTM. I screwed it on and started shooting tiny little groups. Mine is chambered in 6.5X47. This particular rifle is a MK III, but it’s probably my favorite.

He has done AI barrels for me. None of have given me any trouble. Every accurate if I do my part .250 is easy. Now that is on a factory AI and not one of his custom builds. Great guy to talk and deal with. You will get a great rifle and he will stand by it and you.

Anyone considering a Gradous build should do so with confidence.
This is 3 @100 with factory Nosler Accubonds.
A6D5C09E-CABB-47B9-B42C-B309CA9994A5.jpeg
472BF9FB-7711-4F51-A18B-5F3B1D09ED55.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: HMRamateur
I can't say enough good things about Robert and Jon.

They kept me in the loop throughout the way and all I had was a barrel made for my AI AT. I got a 26" M24 contour with a 1:7.5 twist for 6.5 Creedmoor. My AT was already accurate. It is now like a laser. Shoots like a dream.

I plan to continue the relationship with other barrels now that I have an AI AXMC as well

I have a few of the AX308 barrels spun up by Robert. Exceptional on all counts. Fast turnaround and reasonable pricing.

I have had several of his barrels and they all were bench rest grade. The man is phenomenal at what he does.

Reactions: Robert Gradous
Robert is top notch and a true gentleman. I couldn't be more pleased with his craftsmanship. You will not regret doing business with Gradous Rifles.

I saw this post and remembered this video when @lowlight posted it many moons ago, and then I thought, was it really 8 years ago??? LOL!!!

Anyhow, I don't have any personal experience with a Robert Gradous-built rifle, but I've been on the Hide for a long time, and he is certainly a rifle builder who's reputation precedes him. I've only read exceedingly positive posts about him.

For your edification, OP, here's what some of us got to see 8+ years ago:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>