• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robert K Brown sniper rifle?

The first posted picture is a reversed negative. The rifle appears to be a LA M70 and the scope is an ART II.

Reactions: sandwarrior
You know em personally, no?
I've talked to him before,...I've a photo or two I'll see if I can find.
Him an my late main man, Raul

aaaa.jpg

Another while he was leaving the line

aaaa.jpg

Another while leaving the line being pestered by a reported, while his muscle an him was annoyed at being photographed.

aaa.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
It looks like a post 64 Winchester model 70. It appears to be a magnum caliber as it has two stock reinforcement pins (black dots) and a recoil pad. Standard calibers had only one reinforcing pin and a plastic butt plate.

I'd be the last guy to ever discount, Shipley.
Wondering how I fat fingered the photos into dups, but it's probably just an old guy thing,...laughing

Not saying you discounted Shipley, because that’s not warranted.

More like when you buy the knock off facial tissue. “Hey, can you hand me A discount Kleenex?”

Dude pictured looks like a close approximation to Shipley, thus I’m calling him a “discount Shipley.”

Not saying you discounted Shipley, because that’s not warranted.

More like when you buy the knock off facial tissue. “Hey, can you hand me A discount Kleenex?”

Dude pictured looks like a close approximation to Shipley, thus I’m calling him a “discount Shipley.”
Ok I see what you talking about now,....Laughing. Yea but he looks to short, older, an not the shape Shipley would have been back then. Those photos were taken at the First SOF convention at Ray Chapman's range in Mo. early 80's IIRC,...that was another life ago for me.

It is a post 64 Winchester with a varmint contour barrel. They put that ugly angled fore end tip on there up until the mid to late seventies.