• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rock 338 Edge twist?

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
I've been thinking about building an Edge as my next project and I see there may be another Rock group buy coming up. I was curious to know what twist you guys with a Rock barreled Edge are using. I will be getting a 30" tube and would like to shoot the 300gr SMK. Thanks for the info. Cinch

Re: Rock 338 Edge twist?

Im building a Edge right now. I also intend to shoot 300SMK. I went with a 1-10 twist.

1-10 twist works perfect....I think Rock's is a 1-9.7 twist, and it will work fine as well. You guys will be happy with the Edge's. I build a bunch of them and personally own a couple. My main goto rifle.

Cinch,

I will be in your neck of the woods next week shooting the ITRC. I might bring my Edge along for long prairie dog shots. I don't know what the schedule is, but we might be able to meet up and you can shoot mine.

Hey, let me know. I'd love to put a couple through it.

Since I'm going with a 30", should I go bigger than Sendero contour or will Sendero weight be good?

Get the Sendero contour and not the Rem Varmint contour. Rock has these 2 being different sizes. The Sendero is a little larger and would work out perfectly at the 30" mark.