• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River Arms 17 HMR

Say whaaaaaat????? I'm listening
I am surprised this hasn't generated more interest. I posted a similar message on a rimfire forum and there haven't been any responses.

I don't know much about the cartridge and haven't had any experience with it. On the other hand, I had a couple of rifles in .22 WMR and was amazed at how well it worked on ground hogs.

If I get this upper, it's going to wear a thermal scope for varmints at night. I have good luck with head shots on the coyotes from 50-150 yards with the .223 V-Max rounds but have to be extremely careful of my direction of fire where I hunt.

This little round has my attention because of limited pass through on the body. Now, I am not foolish enough to think that this will stop a coyote in its tracks with a heart/lung shot. A head shot, on the other hand, is what I am looking for on this round.

RRA says they will be coming out with a version in .22 WMR later. I wonder if I should wait. the advantage of accuracy goes to the .17 HMR but more damage on target goes to the .22 WMR.

Here's a little different view of the BCG.

It's Inland MFG but says they have partnered with RRA. Is the delayed blow back roller locked bolt going to be a new thing now for magnum rimfire cartridges. Imagine 20 rounds of .17 caliber bullets spit out fast as one can pull the trigger on the prairie poodles!

Interesting.

Anyone know Where on RRA's webpage is the recoil setup ?

I've been shooting the .17 hmr and the .17 mach2 for years. My hmr is probably one of my favorite guns to shoot. Tack driver. I've shot plenty of coyote with it inside of 200 yards with giod shot placement. Great on everything from starlings to beavers. Wind will get ahold of it pretty good.
My 10 year old loves both the 17 guns I have. The mk2 is quieter and would be a Hella good time with a can on it.

Reactions: Longshot231
I can shoot my 20 practical for about the same as 17hmr. The main reason I have a 17hmr is for clearing pdogs in places where you can only shoot rimfire. It's a simple blow back design. I have only shot maybe 150 rounds through. If 17hmr ever goes back to 12-15 cents per round I could see shooting it a lot more.

Interesting.

Anyone know Where on RRA's webpage is the recoil setup ?
Haven't seen it written They show it in this shot video they show the bolt as well.

Rifle has a micro gas system and a spring and buffer

I guess inland bought garrows patent

I'm eagerly waiting for their uppers. I have 2 17 hmr's and have shot thousands of P'dogs over the years with them. My latest is an 11" Alexander arms AR shooting 17g H vmax at 2630fps. Absolute tack driver and maneuverable on my side by side. I also have a 16" bear creek arsenal upper in 22mag but it is far slower and less violent. It may work better on coyotes due to more expansion distance. My least effective is a 5" cmmg 5.7x28. Just too slow to expand reliably beyond 30y or so. Pretty fun though. Best of show goes to my 22" 20 tactical.