• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River Arms .458 SOCOM A4

wbeard

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Ohio
Any advice/experience with either the .458 SOCOM or the Rock River Arms platform?

Re: Rock River Arms .458 SOCOM A4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any advice/experience with either the .458 SOCOM or the Rock River Arms platform? </div></div>

.458 SOCOM is a very versitle cartridge for the AR platform rifles. It has the power to take anything in North America, great pig round and with the new bullets and loads provides some real added capability for MIL and LE applications.

The Rock River is a decent entry level rifle, but in my opinion the .458 SOCOM requires the heavier duty billet recievers and a better set up to get the most out of the cartidge.

I have one built on a RRA upper and lower. Have hundreds of rounds down it with no issues. I love it and its a great round. If you reload this round really shines. I also have taken several deer with mine so far. All of them DRT.

This is the next AR platform I will be getting without a doubt unless i get .300blk. Great platform and as mentioned the reloading capabilities is awesome. .45-70 ballistics out of AR platform if I am not mistaken.

So what length barrel do you recommend for shooting supressed subsonic?