• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rock River Arms LAR-15?

I've been looking for a super-compact .223 to build. I asked about the Carbon 15 and virtually everyone said it'd blow up on me. I asked for any other suggestions but didn't get any.

Anyone have any experience with Rock River Arms? Their LAR-15 A4 with 7" barrel is really interesting to me. There is an amazing amount of AR-type companies out there, would you guys recommend RRA or something else? I'm open to any ideas.

Also, what sort of accuracy might I expect w/ such a short barrel? I'm guessing 6" at 100yrds or so? Not interested in using it any further out than that.

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents.

Re: Rock River Arms LAR-15?

For the $ RRA are a good rifle. Fit and finsih (upper and lower play is almost non existant) and they shoot very well.

My favorites

Top end AR's:
LWRC
Noveske
POF
Larue

Mid pack:
colt
RRA
Bushmaster (not my favorite)
Stag

lower pack: