• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rock river entry tactical

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
i bought one of these back in 06 and intead of getting a new ar i was wanting to rebarrel. now ive got a bolt kun and am running a krieger barrel on it. i was wandering if kreiger barrels for the ar's are as good as there bolt gun barrels?

and how many rounds can i expect from the rock river chrome moly r4 barrel? i think ive got around 3500-4000 rounds easy through it.

Re: rock river entry tactical

Dude chrome lined bbls have easily a 10k + service life....minimum.

I've had one for about the same length of time. With schools and training I have to estimate that ive put at least 5000 rounds through mine. It's still as accurate as ever, have not noticed any kind of loss of accuracy. If I ever rebarrel it I will prob go with an 18".

I was thinking about going 20". But now I'm thinking about going to a whole new upper for now and then later build a lower.

AR barrel should go at least 10k, and probably at least 15k, if you are looking for offhand accuracy. Probably 10k or under if you are looking for sub moa prone accuracy, though I'm not familiar enough with RRA's models to know if yours is the dmr/match type of rifle and that is what you would be going for.