• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River LAR-40 (.40 S&W)

Re: Rock River LAR-40 (.40 S&W)

Not a .40, but I own the A4 9mm version.

Fun gun, but recoil is a bit stout on it. I swapped out the factory stock hardware for Magpul MOE parts and the rifle feels a bit more comfortable now. I've experienced no issues with magazines.

However, mine is finicky about the ammo it eats. WWB seems to function the best, but some other brands don't work as well. My 9mm reloads do not reliably cycle the action, but I load them on the light side.

Cool, I figure it's going to recoil a bit more, or at least I'm hoping it does. I figure it will help me shoot my .223 carbines faster. I really wish I could practice with a .308 AR, but that could get really expensive.

I can't wait to get one. I've been following it's progress for a few years now on the RRA forum on ar15.com.

Guess they have worked out the feed issues with the proprietary magazine so they should start shipping them out soon.

I was told by RRA that this carbine will funcion well down to a 7 inch barrel. I think that, with a suppressor and some hand-loaded 200gr .40cal rounds would be good fun. I have a nice load recipe for those which is subsonic at a normal powder load, so we'll see how they turn out.

Plus quite a few folks that wear a badge get .40cal for free (when available) to practice with, so at least they could shoot this on the cheap.