• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River r3 competition out of windage

Solidsnake85

God, family, guns.
Minuteman
  • Oct 3, 2020
    East kentucky
    New rra r3 competition ran out of windage with irons and a scope. I have had to use Burris adjustable rings on a couple bolt guns, and now that's the only rings I use. I love them, but what causes it on an AR 15. I know I can put those rings on this and all will be fine, but just asking if y'all have ran into this problem. If so what was the fix. Alot may say lap the face. Maybe, but will that cause headspace problems. Thanks gentleman.

Last edited:
    So if I have this right your ar won't zero without cranking in a lot of windage because your barrel is sitting crooked? Lapping the face of the upper will not affect headspace as that is set by the relationship of the bolt engaging the barrel extension. Also alot of people are shimming/locktite.

I can get it to zero, but I'm at max windage with irons or a red dot. I'm just wondering how is the barrel canted. More of a pissing me off problem. Cause it ain't right and I don't know the right way to fix it. Adjustable rings work but I want to know what the problem is

Take the muzzle device off and try it with just bare barrel. I had a barrel threaded properly but the flat face that the flash hider seated against was not concentric. When I torqued the flash hider it bent the threaded portion and pulled my POI about 3 feet off at 100 yds. Took the flash hider off and it shot fine.

New rra r3 competition ran out of windage with irons and a scope. I have had to use Burris adjustable rings on a couple bolt guns, and now that's the only rings I use. I love them, but what causes it on an AR 15. I know I can put those rings on this and all will be fine, but just asking if y'all have ran into this problem. If so what was the fix. Alot may say lap the face. Maybe, but will that cause headspace problems. Thanks gentleman.
    If the barrel is crooked it should be obvious by looking at it vs the handguard. It'll be offcenter. Unless your whole upper is crooked in which case you should be able to just eyeball it.

If it were mine I wouldn't disassemble ANY part of the gun.
    Rock River guns are known as quality firearms.
    I'm sure it won't sit well trying to explain why you did what you did.
    Call them as they are really easy to get on the phone, explain the problem.
    At most you'll ship just the upper back.

Reactions: BCP and Baron23