• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up RockCastle Shooting Center - April 15-17 Shoot

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
To all the Shooters:

I am busy coordinating the next event. My RSO's will be TresMon and -Ace-.

<span style="color: #CC0000">April 15-17 is going to be the dates of the shoot! These dates are now CONFIRMED with Nick/RCSC. </span>

This first shoot went really well, like I said, it was the trial run shoot. We learned a lot from it on how it should be set up, how it should and should not be run.... better target locations, better targets themselves and so on. Ace has mentioned an alternative firing line at a different spot in the field. We will look into that when we get more time. RCSC has a very busy schedule this summer and we are going to have to plan these out in advance to make sure we are getting the range.

Same as last time, it will be over a weekend starting Friday we will setup in the morning and shoot the course to make sure we are happy with it. Once the RSO's approve we can open it up for shooters for an evening shoot until dark. We will resume Saturday. And then Sunday till 1:00pm Central time. I was not able to pick that finish time on Sunday as it was the request of RCSC and the fact that we will have to pick up our targets and then the firing line.

I have been asked a few times now if people can pay for Saturdays range day ($25.00) and then still shoot some on Sunday or Friday after set up is complete. This is out of my hands as the property belongs to RCSC and we have to abide by their rules. At the request of their owners they are asking you to:
1) Pay the $25.00 range fee for one full day - Saturday
2) Pay the $40.00 range fee for the full weekend - Fri thru Sun
3) Or pay per day.... which is not your best value.

Please remember that this shoot is for us to practice, meet fellow shooters, and learn in an environment tailored to LR shooting. There is a lot of knowledge out on that firing line, you just need to take the time to soak it up when you can. This is NOT a match, you could consider it a warm up. There are no timed stages. There will be a small competition for the shooters that WANT TO be involved, it is not mandatory. It results in a prize, but it's not anything extravagant
wink.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">Range Fee is as follows:</span>
$25.00 for one full day (Saturday)
$40.00 for Full weekend Shooting on Friday afternoon, All day Saturday, and Sunday till 1pm.
*Please Note: I cannot let you shoot on the partial days without paying for the entire weekend range fee. It is your best value to pay the full weekend and spend it there with all your fellow shooters.

The lodge is an awesome place to stay and their food is always great. Prices are very fair, but it is worth your money to buy the meal plan if you are staying for the full event.

<span style="color: #CC0000">New Range Rule: </span>
1) We had some confusion last trip who had and had not paid their range fee. There were a few people that signed their waivers and RCSC could not remember if they paid for the usage of the range. So from this time on we have put a new system into affect:
- You will sign the waiver at the front desk of the lodge and pay at that time, upon payment you will receive an event bracelet, it is to stay on the ENTIRE time.
- If you stay the weekend the range fee and meal plan can be added to your rooms and paid upon checkout. You will be given a waiver to sign and a bracelet. They will ask to have a credit card on file, if you stay and do not pay the range fee, RCSC will charge it to the card.
- Saturday shooters are to report to the HOTEL/LODGE first thing. Do NOT show up to the range and ask for a waiver and bracelet. You are to handle that FTF with the RCSC staff at the front desk.
- If you are a weekend shooter and plan to join us Friday evening to get in some range time, you will need to be there by 2pm Central time, checked in, confirm your hotel arrangements (range fee, meal plan, moved into your room) Indicators will be along way to guide you to the range.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Room Rates- </span>
Right now they are $49.00 + tax a night. They are double rooms, if you have a roomate you cut your room fee in half. Now your at $25.00 a night. We are still in talks about a "all inclusive" package. So when I get that info I will let everyone know. As we move into the summer room rate will go up. It is part of a hotel, when they are constantly busy and rooms are in demand, prices increase to $99.00 a night for a double room. I will notify in which shoot that rate will become affective but as of right now RCSC has not said it will be that way for this April shoot. The room increase will be affective on our next shoot, NOT THIS APRIL 15th shoot.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Meal Plans start at - $20.00 for 3 meals - Plan covers most of the menu. </span>
(We are working out an all inclusive plan as well for the entire weekend not just a day by day.)
Saturday lunch can be brought to you if you order it that morning or you are welcome to go back to the lodge, eat, use the restroom, grab a snack for later and so on.

* I have made it very apparent that we need the landscaping handled before we arrive. For those that were there last time I know the tall grass was an issue. We are going to resolve that one way or another.

I will keep adding as I confirm with Nick....
If you have any questions please email me at [email protected] is also a good way to get ahold of me as it is linked to my phone. It's also my email address in my profile here. Thanks!

Re: RCSC April Shoot

List of Shooters: 30 Total
*You must confirm with me via email that you are coming. If you do not confirm I will have to remove your name from the list and give it to someone else. We lave limited space, this is the exact number we can handle. Please sign up and then remember to confirm with me:
1) Full weekend or Saturday Shooter
2) Will you be needing a room?
3) Meal plan or will you just order off the menu?

Saturday only shooters = S
Full Weekend = @

1) Jason Greene - "Greene" S
2) Rick Stepien - SlickRick0999 - S
3) Andrew Silcox - the conservator @
4) Bob Rushford - nthwind19 - S
5) Trina Koenig - MrsAce @
6) Isaac Frank - 7mmRM - S
7) Adam Maffenbeier - Moof - S
8) Adam Hembree - 308skinner - S
9) Chase Walls - chaser_2332 - S
10) Ricky Skaggs - MidtnHunter - S
11) Don Million - Runamuk - Fri. night/Sat shoot
12) Bill Million - Fri/Sat
13) Derrick Grant - Fri/Sat
14) Dain Grant - Fri/Sat
15) Travis Shelton - Dremel - S
16)
17)
18)
19) Jeremy McGuire - macman2564 - S
20) Todd Conley - toddconley - S
21) Douglas Simpkins - insectguy - S
22) Dennis Howard - Cleanmoostang - S
23) Alen Eldred - AWE2 - S
24) Shannon Duncan - Dunkintn - S
25) Danny Beck
26) Ashley Duncan
27)
28)
29)
30)

---RSO's---
Adam -KYS338 - @
Tres - TresMon - @
ACE - @

Range Technician
wink.gif

Barrett H. - @

I'm in, just sent you an email KYS.
Thanks again for setting this up, let me know if you need any help setting up targets.

Roughly, what do the rooms run a night right now, before a possible package price?
Thanks,
Chris

Right now as long as you have a roomate they are $25.00 a night. But we are getting a package price so that is subject to change. First time out, they ended up being much less.

I will get that info published as he responds to my emails and we are able to get on the phone. Nick is a busy guy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Myself, Moof and 308Skinner are down for at least Saturday. </div></div>

Need first and last names of guests in a PM or email.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pm sent </div></div>

You're on the list. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to attend for saturday only. I am sending email now. </div></div>

You are on the list. Thanks for joining us!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAG for when I figure out my work schedule
</div></div>

T-Town!!! I went to school at Bama
laugh.gif

Bring me a Nickadema, thats a real mans beverage!

Adam,
(And others, Let me know if your interested!)

I love to shoot, but not a big fan of missing Sunday morning church. I'm not a stick in the mud and can and do miss on occasion, but it's on my mind pretty heavy when I miss.

I was wondering if put together a non-denomainational CHRISTian devotional, or could find a local minister willing to come out if it would be okay to have "Sniper Church" Saturday night after dinner somewhere at the lodge, upstairs or another place for all those that wanted to attend..?

Let me know,
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Adam,
(And others, Let me know if your interested!)

I love to shoot, but not a big fan of missing Sunday morning church. I'm not a stick in the mud and can and do miss on occasion, but it's on my mind pretty heavy when I miss.

I was wondering if put together a non-denomainational CHRISTian devotional, or could find a local minister willing to come out if it would be okay to have "Sniper Church" Saturday night after dinner somewhere at the lodge, upstairs or another place for all those that wanted to attend..?

Let me know,
T </div></div>

Thats up to you dude. If you want to do that I don't think anyone here will try to stop you!

Does anyone need info that I do not have up? Im trying to coordinate this the most efficient way possible.

If you need to know something or have any opinions, concerns, suggestions. Please post it.

Thanks!

Let's talk about the 1630 target. I walked up there with Mike and found which trail was the access road. It's a mud road, kinda tight with some tight turns.

The target area was a MESS with wet, puffed up and scattered SheetRock/ Dry wall deterioration.

I think it would be fun if we could get a (roughly/round off) 2 moa target up there along side the 1 moa target. It would not necessarily have have to be expensive AR plate as (1) it won't see as many hits and (2) strike velocity will be low. I'm sure a cheap mild steel 3/4" thick plate would last for several or many shoots.

I'm sure the UTV that was there last time could get to the 1630 trgt. I'm panning on bringing my little 4x4 vehicle that can make it as well as it's short wheel base turns tight.

How many people would be interested in getting another target up at 1630???

1630 ? Way to hard in them hills ! Get the DA up above 2500 and people can hit the target that is there, I will bring a larger one tho.

I hope to have my 7mm ready for this shoot and if its not too much trouble I would like to give the 1630yds a try. But don't go through any extra trouble on my account.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's talk about the 1630 target. I walked up there with Mike and found which trail was the access road. It's a mud road, kinda tight with some tight turns.

The target area was a MESS with wet, puffed up and scattered SheetRock/ Dry wall deterioration.

I think it would be fun if we could get a (roughly/round off) 2 moa target up there along side the 1 moa target. It would not necessarily have have to be expensive AR plate as (1) it won't see as many hits and (2) strike velocity will be low. I'm sure a cheap mild steel 3/4" thick plate would last for several or many shoots.

I'm sure the UTV that was there last time could get to the 1630 trgt. I'm panning on bringing my little 4x4 vehicle that can make it as well as it's short wheel base turns tight.

How many people would be interested in getting another target up at 1630??? </div></div>

Im game. I can get one up there. We need to come up with a simple mounting solution and I think I have an idea. Ill just leave it there, cause it would be a bitch to get out of the ground.

Sounds good on all the 1630 thoughts.

I "should" have my 7mm-300WM up and running for this event and would like to see how she does shooting into the next zipcode!

Kool Tres, you will be running a 7-300 wm and I am hoping to have my 7-300 wsm ready.

WHOO-WHO!!!

Got my 28" Rock SS barrel threaded, chambered in the 7mm-300WM, Braked & installed today. Put it back in the stock tonight. After class this weekend I'll throw the scope on it and will be all grins!

RCSC April here I come!

Being a "New" Shoot, were building it from the ground up. Input from the shooters will help us Mold it into something Great.

Because RCSC is a Business, making $ from these shoots is their priority. The more people that stay in the Hotel, eat at the hotel, and shoot for the whole weekend... the more $ they make and the more they will allow us to do (The folks Running it)It will also insure we get to keep doing it !

Right now all the Steel, Stands etc. are 100% owned by Myself and Kys338, all the damage to them comes out of our pockets... We do it because we love to Shoot, and like getting more people involved. There is No Financial Incentive for us.

A few Facts about these shoots.

Were shooting in Natural Terrain, Not a flat "Square" Range.
Due to the terrain that makes it such a great place to shoot, some targets can't be shot from all positions, Part of learning is figuring out what targets you can hit. Just because you can see it does Not mean the BULLET has a clear path to it. Many people learned this on the 800 yard targets at the last shoot
smile.gif
** If you make adjustments and the Impact does not change... Your hitting something down range**

Any Ideas to make the shoots even better are welcome, post here or send a PM to myself or Kys338. If it's feasible we will try to incorporate it. There will be even more steel at this one, More ranges and more Distance
smile.gif
(20+ targets at last one)

We also plan to try a Second shooting position on Sunday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">List of stuff that I would recommend you try to bring.</span>
Rifle with good Optics
Ammo: 100 + rounds seems to be the norm for 1.5 days of shooting.
Spotting Scope / Bino's
Log Book or something to save all the Data you will gather.
Tarp: Good chance the ground will be wet.
Canopy: The Easy Up Canopies will be a help as the days get hotter.
Folding Chairs.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Cooler with plenty of Water</span>
Snacks.
TP, the Facilities are Natural... Use leaves at your own risk
smile.gif

Clothing appropriate for the weather.
Insect Repellent.
Various kinds of Jerky for Gifts to the RO's
grin.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sun Screen</span>
**I will add as I get time**

<span style="font-style: italic">If you don't have some of these items.. Don't Stress on it, there are plenty of good people there and you will be Fine ! </span>

mammothpic.jpg

Does RCSC have a website? Or at least some way to get a little more detail? I read through this thread, but am still a little shaky on where and what it is. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: insectguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does RCSC have a website? Or at least some way to get a little more detail? I read through this thread, but am still a little shaky on where and what it is. Thanks! </div></div>

They are our host. They do not have this info on their website. Any questions you might have..... please PM me or ACE. We will try to answer your questions to the best of our ability.
smile.gif

and FYI - ACE's 800 yard target had a force field around it. It was actually a small hill but whatever
laugh.gif

Whatever doubt you have just put it behind you and come out. It's a great group of guys that are more than willing to help out. Adam and ace do a great job putting this on, and trace is nothing but a great guy with plenty of knowledge to share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever doubt you have just put it behind you and come out. It's a great group of guys that are more than willing to help out. Adam and ace do a great job putting this on, and trace is nothing but a great guy with plenty of knowledge to share. </div></div>

Thank you. The 3 of us really put a lot into it. Like Ace said, this is a growing event. It will get better each time around.

I am considering a 15 - 30 min "Milling" Session before the line goes Hot on Sat. We will have a Road map with all the ranges, but anyone what wants to practice Milling will be able to do so on a large variety of targets and ranges. Then they can check their work against the Actual ranges when we show them.

If your interested in this, let me know. I would hate to hold everyone up if only a couple want it (tho we can still do it).

Ace, I would like the extra time to use my reticle to range targets. I am new to long range shooting and wanting to try my hand at the Snipers Challenge in July. This will be my first ever match so could use the practice with my NF NP-R1 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering a 15 - 30 min "Milling" Session before the line goes Hot on Sat. We will have a Road map with all the ranges, but anyone what wants to practice Milling will be able to do so on a large variety of targets and ranges. Then they can check their work against the Actual ranges when we show them.

If your interested in this, let me know. I would hate to hold everyone up if only a couple want it (tho we can still do it). </div></div>
That is definitely a good idea. Milling targets seems to be a pretty perishable skill and alot don't do it that often at all. Me included!!

Makes me happy to see how much this is evolving into a great weekend shoot! Lets fill this list and hotel up with shooters! We do have a room limit....

Every room has 2 full size beds (if you dont like firm mattresses, bring some egg crate). They are giving this event 10 rooms. This is the busiest time of the year for them.

To all Interested Parties:

After the April Shoot the room rates will go to their summer rate. They will be $99.00 a night for double occupancy rooms. Take advantage of the pricing that is for April. The more shooters and hotel guests we have the more I can ask RCSC for discounted rates.

Thanks all!

8 slots left! Come and get them!

There will be adult beverages available FOR FREE on Friday and Saturday night!!!!

What more could you ask for?
laugh.gif

Still trying to figure out how I can make this shoot.

"Ammo: 100 + rounds seems to be the norm for 1.5 days of shooting."

Always knew I was abnormal... 100 +++

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still trying to figure out how I can make this shoot.

"Ammo: 100 + rounds seems to be the norm for 1.5 days of shooting."

Always knew I was abnormal... 100 +++</div></div>

I always bring 200 per rifle...
smile.gif
But some folks buy Factory and in this economy... lol

I usually bring 200 per caliber that I bring. I bring different rifles each time. This is an ideal time to get dope and see what your rifle is capable of at long range.

A milling session? Whats a "milling?" I have heard of people "milling about"...

On a serious note my Chronograph got shot on the range recently while I was giving private lessons. I'm just chorno less now till........?

Somebody may want to volunteer to bring a chrono in case someone had no dope in the least on their gear. I'll bring my laptop and cell phone based 'net service so we can run JBM ballistic calc in the field.

Looking forward to it,
Tres

Adam: Check PM...

I have a ProChrono Digital that I can bring if you want. All I ask is that if anyone wants to use if for target practice that they help with replacement costs.

Just let me know if you want me to bring it.

Please bring it. I would like to chrono the SW ammo 308 out of my 18 in. barrel. I will do my best not to shoot it!!

Re: RockCastle Shooting Center - April 15-17 Shoot

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">We are a week away from the deadline in which I have to turn in the guest list for the shoot. Please advise if you would like to attend! I will turn in the list to RCSC April 4th for hotel guests, from that time on that is all we can take for rooms. Everything else will be Saturday only shooters. I have to turn in the Completed list by end of day Wednesday the 6th.

Thanks! </span></span>