• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rodney King Dead At 47

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
The drugged up man at the center of the videotaped police beating that started the L.A. Riots, is dead at the age of 47, found floating in a swimming pool.

Really a shame that a drug addict with a half dozen DUI's and multiple assault and battery convictions would be found dead.

I really liked that police beating video he made with the LAPD. That was one movie that I never wanted to end!

Re: Rodney King Dead At 47

Tell us how you really feel?

I've been watching the comments in the news of late and it seems this country has gotten more divided by race than I've seen in 30 years...

Not sure it was OK for the LAPD to just beat someone like that.
Wasn't OK for him to be stupid either though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The drugged up man at the center of the videotaped police beating that started the L.A. Riots, is dead at the age of 47, found floating in a swimming pool.

Really a shame that a drug addict with a half dozen DUI's and multiple assault and battery convictions would be found dead.

I really liked that police beating video he made with the LAPD. That was one movie that I never wanted to end!

</div></div>

You are an ignorant ass.

0t2kY.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The drugged up man at the center of the videotaped police beating that started the L.A. Riots, is dead at the age of 47, found floating in a swimming pool.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I really liked that police beating video he made with the LAPD. That was one movie that I never wanted to end</span>!</div></div>

Wow, dude, that comment would classify as one of those things that are best kept to yourself. Rodney King was definitely a scumbag but I wouldn't have made that comment, even if I was thinking it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are an ignorant ass. </div></div>Yeah, I don't agree with the OP either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell us how you really feel?

I've been watching the comments in the news of late and it seems this country has gotten more divided by race than I've seen in 30 years...

Not sure it was OK for the LAPD to just beat someone like that.
Wasn't OK for him to be stupid either though. </div></div>
You are right on brother! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm still waiting for someone to come on here asking the LAPD:

"how'd you do it?"

wink.gif

That was a joke, ya'll.... lighten up!

A man that had many issues, especially swimming.

Just another joke, so take it easy on me!!!

LAPD, treat you like a King!

Too bad he died at a young age, I guess swimming wasn't his thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
0t2kY.gif
</div></div>lmao!

I always associate people bringing that up, with that american history x scene. Its never a classy conversation peice.
See also; trevon zimmerman, OJ simpson, revrend jesse jackson, etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"can't we all just swim along?"
</div></div>
Hahahahahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"can't we all just swim along?"
</div></div>
Hahahahahaha </div></div>

I LOL'd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"can't we all just swim along?"
</div></div>

Congratulations Mike, You just won the internet. LMAO!!

...and all this time I thought the cops had beaten up Don King. What the hell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still waiting for someone to come on here asking the LAPD:

"how'd you do it?" </div></div>

Swimmingly?

Stroke by stroke?

DieHard 12V?

The possibilities are endless. King may have been less than a solid citizen, but that doesn't exculpate LAPD for any of their shortcomings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When do the riots start?

</div></div>

No need to riot, 5 O wasn't involved.

</div></div>

That was fuckin funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm shocked that he wasn't a proficient swimmer! </div></div>

He's got the "dead mans float" down pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When do the riots start?

</div></div>

No need to riot, 5 O wasn't involved.</div></div>
That hasn't been proven yet. Still wondering here, how'd they do it. Newest version of "Jewish Lightning", maybe?

wink.gif

I think one officer batted out of turn in the video???;)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RIP Rodney King </div></div>

They are a yard worker short today on Maser's shift...... He is pulling double duty.

Will they still have the Rodney King game at carnivals?

4963426292_d46f49e55c.jpg

I think his death is unfortunate and sad.

For a fella that made some stupid decisions and mistakes only to have them magnified in the infamous beatings, I think he lived a troubled and difficult life.
Who of us has not made miserable mistakes. The whole media attention was like an anchor around his neck.
My hope would be that he found peace with the Lord before his passing.

Remember when Mike said this

</div></div>

Still laughing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seventy 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his death is unfortunate and sad.

For a fella that made some stupid decisions and mistakes only to have them magnified in the infamous beatings, I think he lived a troubled and difficult life.
Who of us has not made miserable mistakes. The whole media attention was like an anchor around his neck.
My hope would be that he found peace with the Lord before his passing.

</div></div>

Seriously?

Stupid should hurt. In this case it sure did. Well until I did not any more.

I wonder when Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are going to pipe up about this. Should not be said but it needs to be. One would be hard pressed to find two more raciest people in the US with more media power than these two.

This came from my Dark Green friend who is still in. "I guess he didn't know we can't swim."

I'm just waiting for O to declare a second king national holiday.

Funny thing is dude wouldn't have had the swimming pool had he not been beat up and won money from the ordeal (which was egregious on behalf of the LAPD, and those douchebags should never have been aquitted --hopefully the riots, as bad as those were too, will make them think twice about not holding crooked cops accountable. Sadly, that hasn't been the case lately...) Riots can be the ugly side of democracy.

Regardless of King being a douche himself, it is still sad he died like that. Likely he was drugged on something and passed out and drowned... The pictures look like he was taking a late night swim after family disputes. Probably took something to take the edge off, a little too much, and drowned. Nothing to celebrate the way I see it.

It isn't like the death of Bin Laden or Gadafi either, where celebration, though macabre, may be sort of appropriate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they still have the Rodney King game at carnivals?

</div></div>

I LOL'd!

That man deserved an ass beating....but not THAT ass beating. I have no sympathy for him. Its apparent he never changed his ways. Will be missed, but not by me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they still have the Rodney King game at carnivals?

</div></div>

I LOL'd!</div></div>
Made my day, right there!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone is of value.</div></div>

As one of His children, God loved him. Value? Depends on the definition used.