• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Roedale Mag system Howa

ejg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2008
Ireland
www.pse-composites.com
I'm not the greatest friend of a mag systems for lightweight hunting rifles. If two deer are down I have enough to drag and mostly 2-3 rounds are enough. But mag systems have their good points. I talked to Pete Lincoln of Roedale Precision about his new in house mag system for the howa 1500. He mentioned fitting will be a doddle. Only thing is it was never fitted to one of our PSE stocks. So I had to try it. The system came well packed and a few shimms included. First thing that struck me was the quality and light weight of the system. I forgot to weigh it but I'm sure it's lighter than the standard floor plate. The mag clicks in nicely with a bit of pressure.
DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

The system was touching the front corners of the stock mag inlet, actually only the radius needed a bit of dre-milling. Picture are not of good quality but one can see the lighter colour of the worked surface.
DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

When checking the pick up of the bolt I noticed the rear tang of the system could come up a bit, but that is more related to our stock. All that was needed was about 0.5mm milling with the dremel. Also the mag was for a 308 and this is a 22-250. Maybe a bit more fiddely getting the rounds in but I got used to it quickly. She feeds really well, but had always fed well from the floor plate as well.
DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0408.jpg

url]

So for someone who isn't really into mag systems I could convert. It seems lighter than the floor plate and is of incredible good quality. Saturday is last day of the deer season, we'll give it a lash.
Roedale Precision shop
edi

Re: Roedale Mag system Howa

Glad you got it fitted ok. Told you it was an easy job.

by the way, you could have had one thats silver anodised and a stainless magazine to go with it, I'm still not sure what i like best on a stainless rifle, black mag system of stainless colour,

regards Pete

Pete,
well for a change a job was easier and quicker than expected.
I think the black and siver actually looks good.

Did you get your stock yet?
Do you think when at the IWA I could drop off my zenith to S&B to get those bdc turrets fitted? Could you help?

edi

Just waiting on mags Flyboy.

I do have a system that will fit, but its a straight stack mag.

we stretched AICS type mags to get a .300WM length round in them, production will be a few weeks to a couple of months, we working on it,,

Pete

Pete I have the M1500 Heavy Barrel .308 coming in tomorrow. You have anything for me?

Yes mate, for mag sytems, check the webshop, there are a couple of new items to add in the next couple of days for Howa and Tikka in the way of chassis systems.
for some folk who already ordered RCS we are waiting on side pannels, and a few .223 magazines..
regards Pete