• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ROEDALE RH40 ARRIVED¡

gyr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2006
EU
Got 2 packages from Pete Lincoln at Roedale.First came the scope, rifle came a little later.

The rifle came nicely packeged, this
-
P1080058.jpg

was inside a box.-

Opening the case was a nice surprise, rifle came in a nice TAB cover.

It is one of Roedale worked Howas, RH40.
RH 40 short action
fluted bolt
Roedale bolt handle
Roedale bottom and Magazine
LW 22 " polygon light weight varmint contour barrel
Roedale picatinny 20 MOA rail

[img:center]
P1080051.jpg
[/img]

P1080055.jpg
[/img]

Scope is the well known PMII 4-16 x 50. Scope came with the PSG 34 mm rings, they do not have the tactical look of others but their manufacturing is great
P1080047.jpg
[/img]

P1080048.jpg
[/img]

Re: ROEDALE RH40 ARRIVED¡

And then it was only necessary to put the scope on top

P1080057.jpg
[/img]

The pics dont do the rifle justice. It looks and feels great, handles nicely especially when you are used to a 26 " barrel.

Will hopefully shoot some this coming weekend.

I forgot.- 308 win. on manners MCST stock.
Thanks Pete¡

Very nice stick! I too am a fan of the "T".

Well i'm glad that arrived ok, the airline and customs sat on it for a fair while eh,.Burocrat paperpushers eh

Gyr i take it that the 6.5x55 also arrived just as well ?

The rings may not look "Tactical" but they are very very strong, light weight,dont snag on anything and are the lowest 34mm rings on the market as far as i know..(6mm) but just for the hell of it, we'll have some of the same rings, with a bit more meat left on the corners, making em look "tactical" coming out soon

rgds Pete

oh Lordy, great looking stick, just ordered a custom off Pete myself, great bloke-company to deal with. Just the wait now.........

Pete, you aint got time to be on here mate, clocks ticking, Ive already wished the summer away just thinking about it lol.

Pete, its not the tactical "look" that turns me off on them. Hell the AI mount holding my S&B on my AW doesnt look tactical. What I dont care for is the lug. I prefer close fit fully squared lugs like those found on Ops2Inc, Seekins etc... The less in can move, the less it will move.....

Regards,
Shane

Shane,yeah i see what you are getting at, but the rings have a cross bolt that is machined with square sides to locate in the slots on the picatinny, its not all that apparent from the photo, they are a fair few of this type of ring, (all be it as a 1 piece) actualy in Military and LE service,they are made in Germany, which means no waiting for US supply,mexican bandits, exporters, cross atlantic curiers,and a half day sat at the customs picking em up.. but the reason we use them is that they have proven time and time again to return to zero, are reliable, affordable and just plain do the job as well as anything else we've tried and that includes most of whats available.

Gyr will have that rifle up in the mountains for some long range goat hunting pretty soon i expect..
rgds Pete

Nice rifle!
What trigger did you use for this build? I need to order a trigger for my howa and was wondering what decision you finally ended up going with.

Pete, thanks for the added info. Your right I couldnt see the flats from the pic. Can't argue with what works and available
smile.gif

Regards,
Shane

Trigger is the factory Howa, nicely adjusted. Feels crisp and precise.

I have one of Pete's Howa triggers. It breaks like glass... No creep just click and that's it...

So Pete lets talk 338 Call me some time.

Nice to hear that about the stock howa triggers. I was under the impression that the best thing to do with them was to junk them and install a timney or rifle basics trigger. After following the instructions provided by Weatherby, the trigger on my rifle is still beyond bad.

I can't wait for Pete to offer the bottom metal/magazines for the long action.