• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Roedale vs. Near Brake on a 20in barrel TRG ?

adamwade

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
CA, United States
Hey guys,

Just ordered a 20in barrel .308 TRG and will need to choose a muzzle brake. Seams like its between the Roedale (or Eurooptics copy) and Near.

I thought that maybe with the shorter barrel the Roedale's back angled ports send too much blast back to the shooter ? The Near brake has ports that appear to be more to the side and may have less rearward blast ?

Any experiences welcomed.

Thanks

I had a Near and was very happy with it, he answered the phone when I placed my order and seemed like a great guy and had quick shipping. Hard to beat. Euro has very good cs as well hard to make a call, any thread I have read ordering from Roedale would put me off like 1shot commented on. Imo get a can instead, be polite lol.

apa fat bastard they are in the correct thread, i have shoot a few rifles with them and i fell it is better then the roedale (i have roedale
on a 300 trg).
and it is much cheaper and if there is a issue you don't need to send it across the pond,if i was in the market for a break hands down it will be a APA.

I wish I could use a can, but I'm behind enemy lines here in CA. I also like the PWS that came with my SCAR - it worked and wasn't as loud as most. PWS makes a larger precision rifle brake, but I would have to re thread the brake for 18mm.