• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Rogue Heroes on EPIX -- not bad!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Watched the first two episodes of Rogue Heroes on EPIX. Based on an excellent book about the early days of the SAS and the 'Originals.'

Series is pretty good so far... I like the mix of Swing and AC/DC in the soundtrack. Some good cinematography paired with some driving '70s and '80's rock. And the collections of vehicles (and the Vimy? Biplane they flew... Wow!!!) They spent serious money on sets and historical stuff for this one.

The book doesn't seem to menton French Agents or cross-dressing. But everyone has to be woke these days I guess. Even the British military in Cairo. Apparently.

The book is really good. Along with the original book by Virginia Cowles... the Phantom Major. Along with The Quiet Soldier and Go Go Go and CQB... some good books on the SAS. If the series whet's your appetite.

Series, so far, is pretty fun! I am looking forward to the airfield attack scenes when they get their Jeeps running!

Sirhr

Definitely one of the better shows to come out recently.

Nice! Listen to the book last Summer. Great things happen when you're far enough from the flagpole!

Watched the first two episodes of Rogue Heroes on EPIX. Based on an excellent book about the early days of the SAS and the 'Originals.'

Series is pretty good so far... I like the mix of Swing and AC/DC in the soundtrack. Some good cinematography paired with some driving '70s and '80's rock. And the collections of vehicles (and the Vimy? Biplane they flew... Wow!!!) They spent serious money on sets and historical stuff for this one.

The book doesn't seem to menton French Agents or cross-dressing. But everyone has to be woke these days I guess. Even the British military in Cairo. Apparently.

The book is really good. Along with the original book by Virginia Cowles... the Phantom Major. Along with The Quiet Soldier and Go Go Go and CQB... some good books on the SAS. If the series whet's your appetite.

Series, so far, is pretty fun! I am looking forward to the airfield attack scenes when they get their Jeeps running!

Sirhr
Glad you posted this. Watched 1st episode last night. 👍

I was pretty annoyed at The transvestism and the cgi airport shot up.

For the record, the SAS was not filled with transvestites. But the British diplomatic corps
And SIS probably were.

Sirhr
Just finished the first season the other night and do not recall any trannys.

Pic of SAS in their jeeps1943

Attachments

• 18278635_1216574268472363_7364600297465597046_o.jpg
    18278635_1216574268472363_7364600297465597046_o.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Jefe's Dope