Romanian hardwood

Avalanche09

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2021
LA
Does anyone out there know or have any idea what type or species of wood the Romanians used to make their solid hardwood furniture on the very early md63 rifles?
Is it the same stuff that's used on the draco type pistols? You know what those look like - real light colored solid wood.

I'm a LHG short of a complete set of original romy hardwood & have nearly given up on finding one & I'm now looking at trying to doctor one up out of a draco pistol handguard or even an early wooden East German HG. I just wish I could find something with the palm swells. I'd even settle for a Romanian laminate LHG with the swells, as long as it's dark & worn in. Obviously this is for a BFPU look.

AngryKoala

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
Does anyone out there know or have any idea what type or species of wood the Romanians used to make their solid hardwood furniture on the very early md63 rifles?
Is it the same stuff that's used on the draco type pistols? You know what those look like - real light colored solid wood.

I'm a LHG short of a complete set of original romy hardwood & have nearly given up on finding one & I'm now looking at trying to doctor one up out of a draco pistol handguard or even an early wooden East German HG. I just wish I could find something with the palm swells. I'd even settle for a Romanian laminate LHG with the swells, as long as it's dark & worn in. Obviously this is for a BFPU look.

I would try the akfiles marketplace or even throw a post on there.