• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Romanian Trainers

cyborg

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2007
Departed
I've been picking up these nice Romanian Trainers for several years. I now have 8 of them. Going to start refinishing the stocks. Cleaning them up.

Does anyone else have any of these, and have you used them for tactical competition?

Re: Romanian Trainers

Hello,

I did have a M1969 and used it to take many tree rats.

Alas, parts became hard to find, and I traded it off. I got tired of hand crafting parts and rigging the bolt into proper headspace (mismatched bolt).

Someone now has a nice Romanian Trainer (except for the bolt...) with a handcrafted extractor (it broke right before squirrel season and I couldn't find one to buy) and a few other goodies.

I really like these. They have target grade bores and place in competition all the time.

I just wish parts were easier to find.

Josh

Re: Romanian Trainers

Most aren't reliable enough to be considered for competition. The ejection system is the issue -- the firing pin is the ejector and gums up easily - mine needs cleaned every 100-200 rounds. If I don't pull the bolt back at the right speed it jams. This is not just limited to my rifle. IMO there are a lot better options out there.

The stocks are a PITA to refinish as the tar they used to seal them is soaked deep into the wood. Sanding the the best option to remove the old finish.