• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Ronin Shuto Belt?

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
I’ll preface this with I’m not huge on the whole “battle belt” that ends up weighting 500 lbs.

I’m looking for a belt setup just to take some sig sauer pistol courses / rifle courses and will only be mounting a safarland holster and pistol mags. I prefer to carry rifle mags on a plate carrier or micro chest rig.

With this said does anyone have input on the Ronin Shuto Belt?

I have one of the Ronin models. Can't remember which one. It works as advertised. Feels pretty heavy duty. I can't see the link (work internet blocks a lot of stuff) but I remember it being pretty pricey for what it was. The webbing is VERY tight. I've only worn it around goofing off though. I'm not a cop or operator and haven't used it in "battle".

I’ll preface this with I’m not huge on the whole “battle belt” that ends up weighting 500 lbs.

I’m looking for a belt setup just to take some sig sauer pistol courses / rifle courses and will only be mounting a safarland holster and pistol mags. I prefer to carry rifle mags on a plate carrier or micro chest rig.

I have a Shuto as well as a Taskforce belt. Ronin makes great belts, I love both of mine. The Shuto will be more than adequate for your intended purposes.

Reactions: whisper35
You made an excellent choice! There belts are solid and that’s what you want your gear hanging from something solid.

Reactions: USMC22

Are you my brother from another mother?

I went through this quest two years ago.

The belt I went with is much like that Ronin. I took advice from the best who buys the best @TheGerman

I found you will need two belts....one for unencumbered clothes, one for when you need to wear rain gear.

My thread....

• Haha
PS - Taking Pistol 104 6-7 January 2022.....sign up for it.

Are you my brother from another mother?

I went through this quest two years ago.

The belt I went with is much like that Ronin. I took advice from the best who buys the best @TheGerman

I found you will need two belts....one for unencumbered clothes, one for when you need to wear rain gear.

My thread....

lol.

I figured I’d need one for over clothing as well but being the heat waive we are in at the moment I didn’t think the extra clothes it bumped it down a notch in the purchasing order.

Looks like if I take the January class with you I’ll need an outer unless they are indoors during that time.
PS - Taking Pistol 104 6-7 January 2022.....sign up for it.
I’ll grab my discount code and give it a look for seats.

I've got the Task Force belt myself and it's been solid at the range. I'm not LEO or on AD anymore, so my belt is for the range and training course when I get to them. The webbing is stupid tight though!

I've got the Task Force belt myself and it's been solid at the range. I'm not LEO or on AD anymore, so my belt is for the range and training course when I get to them. The webbing is stupid tight though!
I heard the webbing was tight and that’s fine. I got the Esstac mags with 1.75” belt loops and the gun holster with safarilands 2” low ride. Only thing I’d ever consider adding is an ifak but will probably just run pistol and mags.

I heard the webbing was tight and that’s fine. I got the Esstac mags with 1.75” belt loops and the gun holster with safarilands 2” low ride. Only thing I’d ever consider adding is an ifak but will probably just run pistol and mags.

Gotcha. I run HSGI dual pistol mag holder (going to switch out for ESSTAC), single rifle mag holder (going to switch out for ESSTAC), 2x TQ's, dump pouch, IFAK, and the Safariland 6390RDS for My G19.5. Works very nicely!

I tried to get the Cigeura belt. Ordered a Small. Packing list says Small. Belt in package was a MEDIUM - too big for my skinny ass.

Their customer service is nonexistent. After 5 attempts to contact them, I filed a dispute w my credit card company and got the charge reversed. I'll check out PM's thread next.

I tried to get the Cigeura belt. Ordered a Small. Packing list says Small. Belt in package was a MEDIUM - too big for my skinny ass.

Their customer service is nonexistent. After 5 attempts to contact them, I filed a dispute w my credit card company and got the charge reversed. I'll check out PM's thread next.
Who?

@pmclaine I’ll see you Jan 6th and 7th. Registered!

I would expect it to be indoors.

They may require frangible which adds to the cost unless you have a source of frangible. Ive been using there ammo anyway as prices are not bad, its available, I usually bring some home to add to my stockpile. I fear going negative in the ammo department.

I took a pistol 103 shooting .45 and used about 311 rounds for the day.

Guessing this being two day class will double that.

Likely use my new bought 9mm.......finding tiny bullets fun to shoot........and unlike my 1911s it doesnt become a day long mag change drill.

Last edited:

IFAKs are good.

Holster.

Combo rifle and pistol mags.

Dump Pouch

IFAK

Thats what I have cut it down to.

lol.

I figured I’d need one for over clothing as well but being the heat waive we are in at the moment I didn’t think the extra clothes it bumped it down a notch in the purchasing order.

Looks like if I take the January class with you I’ll need an outer unless they are indoors during that time.

I’ll grab my discount code and give it a look for seats.

Last October I was in a rifle class during pouring rain.

I was really glad I had that "out covering" HSGI slim with suspenders.

I wore it over rain pants and a rain jacket. Nothing supported the belt but the suspenders and tightening it around my waist.....no velcro inner belt.....the skirt of my jacket would have prevented any velcro contact anyway.

It rode fine......I had no problems with excessive movement.

Other peeps were wearing similar belts with no suspenders and no velcro inner belt......saw one guy almost get his jeans stripped to his knees from his belt sliding south.

@NineHotel yeah… I hadn’t seen or heard of that. Glad I didn’t get sucked into it.

@pmclaine tracking on bad weather being an instant morale adjustment. I will likely go HSGI / Suspenders for a winter / rain gear type situation unless I find something better. I may cheap out and go ALICE for that where I don't plan on invading the arctic or anywhere tropical.

IFAKs are good.

Holster.

Combo rifle and pistol mags.

Dump Pouch

IFAK

Thats what I have cut it down to.
honestly thats what i have my belt paired down to.....pistol, 1x pistol reload, 1x rifle reload, trauma kit, and a dump pouch....ive been running that for 2 years or so, and its about as heavy as you really want to make it...plus not having a ton of shit on it makes simple stuff like sitting in a car, or just putting the damn thing on much easier.

everything else goes on a carrier or chest rig......and even those i keep pretty light.....3 rifle mags, a hydration carrier, and a small admin pouch.......if i need more than that, its going in a backpack.

So here is the final setup on order:

Belt:
Ronin Task Force Belt - Ranger Green
Ronin 1.5” Inner Belt

Holster:
Safariland 6378USN ALS Model # 6378USN-2832-731-MS19 - Ranger Green
G-Code GCA39 - Universal RTI Hanger (Hardware kit for Safariland 6004 Series)
G-Code GCA200 - RTI Optimal Drop Pistol Platform w/ Cobra Buckle

Mag Pouches:
Esstac Quad GAP KYWI Pouch w/ 1.75” Belt Loops - Ranger Green

The quad may be a bit much but on ranges when people try to get cute with the round count (mag of 5, 2, 3, 1 etc) it just makes things easier. I’m going to hold off on the IFAK for now. I have a dark angel one I like and may put on eventually.

As for bad weather / heavy clothing I really think I’m going to stick with a Haley Strategic D3CR Micro. May have to figure something out for pistol holster but we’ll see. If its -20* F and I’m loaded up something somewhere has gone very wrong.

Reactions: Peahi2 and JGunns
Sounds like you’ll have a solid set up! You won’t be disappointed with the Ronin. I’ve been running mine for the last 3 years on patrol. Been great and had no issues at all. Might pick up another soon as it’s getting pretty worn and my buckle is half silver now haha.

Sounds like you’ll have a solid set up! You won’t be disappointed with the Ronin. I’ve been running mine for the last 3 years on patrol. Been great and had no issues at all. Might pick up another soon as it’s getting pretty worn and my buckle is half silver now haha.
Lucky to be able to wear that on patrol. Couldn’t even get our brass to go to external vests that looked like shirts.

Belt:
Ronin 1.5” Inner Belt

Holster:

Mag Pouches:

The quad may be a bit much but on ranges when people try to get cute with the round count (mag of 5, 2, 3, 1 etc) it just makes things easier. I’m going to hold off on the IFAK for now. I have a dark angel one I like and may put on eventually.

As for bad weather / heavy clothing I really think I’m going to stick with a Haley Strategic D3CR Micro. May have to figure something out for pistol holster but we’ll see. If its -20* F and I’m loaded up something somewhere has gone very wrong.

I see you went G-Code for your holster mount.

For me that has been the ideal solution.

I worry all the screws and such are a weak point. I have seen guys gear come apart (not G-Code) with the loss of a screw in classes and it leaves them kind of fucked due to the loss of a friggen screw.

Adding some purple or low strength loc tite is not a bad idea, in fact G-Code sends a tube with all their shit.

The G-Code was my solution because - one dude many guns.

I have adapters for my Garrett Industries holsters as well my Safariland holsters.

Only few of my guns are considered "training guns" but if I wanted to snap my 27-2 GI holster on to my G-Code RTI and go on a winter hike at my friends farm with the HSGI belt/suspenders it would take seconds to do........no threading molle attachments or trying to pull one holster model off the velcro to try and thread on another model holster.

Just watch the screws and give them a snuggy before you go out with your gear.

Ive been telling myself to order some extra hardware just to throw in my range bag for moments.

"Mag Pouches:

The quad may be a bit much but on ranges when people try to get cute with the round count (mag of 5, 2, 3, 1 etc) it just makes things easier. I’m going to hold off on the IFAK for now. I have a dark angel one I like and may put on eventually."

I took Bullets and Bandages I for a class two weeks ago.

Great class.

It was taught by the CEO of Dark Angel Med. I have a great discount code for a soon to be introduced IFAK that I will include you with if you want to consider their products. I doubt any of my coworkers will take me up on the offer.

You need to have the IFAK on your belt.

Any way regards the quad mag holders.

I dont think your choice will hurt you any.

I chose my mag holders based on their being similar to how ammo is managed on my work gear.

We wear a double pistol with a single rifle behind so my training gear is closest I could find double pistol with double rifle behind.

Last week was the first I had the balls to be "that guy" and wear a plate carrier in class. Other did similar, not unexpected in a class on "gun trauma" as if I "intend" to suffer gun trauma I will be wearing my carrier.

My plate carrier became my reload for the belt pouches.

When not wearing the carrier my dump pouch contains extra magazines and extra loose rounds.

When I used my 1911 in class I had four or five extra 7 rounders in the dump pouch. When a spot opened up on the belt I filled it with a mag from the dump pouch.

You could buy the dump pouches you think would be your "real life" desire and than for classes just use your dump pouch as your spare supply point.

My dump is infinitely useful. I think I bought the Tactical Tailor one. Folds small for storage, unfolds big to hold shit and you can adjust the top so you are not losing shit.

In class there are always drills where you need to work from the empty magazine - 1 in the chamber, 2 in the mag, shoot to slide lock, perform an immediate action drill, shoot from a reload. Having spare bullets on hand in the dump allows you to set up without having to strip rounds form a magazine.

I am also a "topped off whore". I get antsy if mags are not topped off. anytime we get a water break I stuff my magazines or down time on the line Ill be jamming spare rounds in mags to fill them up if I know I wont be using them for a drill. That may be related to my affinity for 7 round 1911 mags. With 17 and 21 round Sig mags I cant carry enough spare ammo in the dump to fill them.....the literal load on Sunday shoot all week magazines.

I see you went G-Code for your holster mount.

For me that has been the ideal solution.

I worry all the screws and such are a weak point. I have seen guys gear come apart (not G-Code) with the loss of a screw in classes and it leaves them kind of fucked due to the loss of a friggen screw.

Adding some purple or low strength loc tite is not a bad idea, in fact G-Code sends a tube with all their shit.

The G-Code was my solution because - one dude many guns.

I have adapters for my Garrett Industries holsters as well my Safariland holsters.

Only few of my guns are considered "training guns" but if I wanted to snap my 27-2 GI holster on to my G-Code RTI and go on a winter hike at my friends farm with the HSGI belt/suspenders it would take seconds to do........no threading molle attachments or trying to pull one holster model off the velcro to try and thread on another model holster.

Just watch the screws and give them a snuggy before you go out with your gear.

Ive been telling myself to order some extra hardware just to throw in my range bag for moments.
I ended up ordering the G-Code for the adaptability you’re mentioning. Will definitely loctite their screws and have extra on hand. 2 is 1, 1 in none.

The vender I ordered the holster from sent an e-mail saying it was out of stock. I found it in stock elsewhere and it will be coming with the Safarilands “fork” for their quick lock system. I may order the low ride belt QLS and compare / sell the one I don’t like as much.

It is nice in the winter to be able to throw something on outer layers. Lately I’d been using a gunfighters inc chest holster.

"Mag Pouches:

The quad may be a bit much but on ranges when people try to get cute with the round count (mag of 5, 2, 3, 1 etc) it just makes things easier. I’m going to hold off on the IFAK for now. I have a dark angel one I like and may put on eventually."

I took Bullets and Bandages I for a class two weeks ago.

Great class.

It was taught by the CEO of Dark Angel Med. I have a great discount code for a soon to be introduced IFAK that I will include you with if you want to consider their products. I doubt any of my coworkers will take me up on the offer.

You need to have the IFAK on your belt.

Any way regards the quad mag holders.

I dont think your choice will hurt you any.

I chose my mag holders based on their being similar to how ammo is managed on my work gear.

We wear a double pistol with a single rifle behind so my training gear is closest I could find double pistol with double rifle behind.

Last week was the first I had the balls to be "that guy" and wear a plate carrier in class. Other did similar, not unexpected in a class on "gun trauma" as if I "intend" to suffer gun trauma I will be wearing my carrier.

My plate carrier became my reload for the belt pouches.

When not wearing the carrier my dump pouch contains extra magazines and extra loose rounds.

When I used my 1911 in class I had four or five extra 7 rounders in the dump pouch. When a spot opened up on the belt I filled it with a mag from the dump pouch.

You could buy the dump pouches you think would be your "real life" desire and than for classes just use your dump pouch as your spare supply point.

My dump is infinitely useful. I think I bought the Tactical Tailor one. Folds small for storage, unfolds big to hold shit and you can adjust the top so you are not losing shit.

In class there are always drills where you need to work from the empty magazine - 1 in the chamber, 2 in the mag, shoot to slide lock, perform an immediate action drill, shoot from a reload. Having spare bullets on hand in the dump allows you to set up without having to strip rounds form a magazine.

I am also a "topped off whore". I get antsy if mags are not topped off. anytime we get a water break I stuff my magazines or down time on the line Ill be jamming spare rounds in mags to fill them up if I know I wont be using them for a drill. That may be related to my affinity for 7 round 1911 mags. With 17 and 21 round Sig mags I cant carry enough spare ammo in the dump to fill them.....the literal load on Sunday shoot all week magazines.
Definitely interested in the new Dark Angel Kit. I’ve got one now and like it a lot. No bullshit and readily available.

When I think of dump pouches I think of getting hung up on shit. It’s amazing what they will catch. I see their benefit in courses. We used them in training to keep partial mags when swapping a fresh one in before engaging the next obstacle or threat (room clearing comes to mind or cover for movement to contact).

We used to carry 2 mags on the belt for pistol but weren’t allowed to keep rifle mags on the regular duty belt. I had an SKD Pig Plate Carrier setup like I trained with in the military.

I’ll probably buy a dump pouch and take you up on that IFAK discount (please let me know). I’m going to blame you though when I roll up with no space on my belt.

Definitely interested in the new Dark Angel Kit. I’ve got one now and like it a lot. No bullshit and readily available.

When I think of dump pouches I think of getting hung up on shit. It’s amazing what they will catch. I see their benefit in courses. We used them in training to keep partial mags when swapping a fresh one in before engaging the next obstacle or threat (room clearing comes to mind or cover for movement to contact).

We used to carry 2 mags on the belt for pistol but weren’t allowed to keep rifle mags on the regular duty belt. I had an SKD Pig Plate Carrier setup like I trained with in the military.

I’ll probably buy a dump pouch and take you up on that IFAK discount (please let me know). I’m going to blame you though when I roll up with no space on my belt.

Waiting on Dark Angel to send the product release.

Its kind of a flat pack with the typical stop the bleed essentials.

IIRC the pouch is made by Tyr and its that neoprene dive stuff which is an expensive product.

All other med gear is also going up in price due to the destruction of the country economy.

Im up in North Conway on a fams vacation......everything is marking time, they cant get employees, most restaurants are running limited hours, everyone bitching about the struggle to get workers.

Last edited:
Sounds good on the med kit.

I hear you on the economy… everything has taken a huge hit.

You’re about an hour north of me right now, enjoy the vacation!

Reactions: pmclaine
A picture is worth a thousand words and opinions are like assholes so take my initial thoughts for what they are as I’ve been putting my belt together.

- Initially I thought I would like the Safariland QLS more than the G-Code but couldn’t resist picking up the G-Code… I’m glad I did. I will be posting the Safariland QLS in the px shortly but here is why:
1. I like the G-Code fit to belt better
2. I also like the way the gun rides better
3. I’m not saying the Safariland QLS is inferior to the G-Code, I simply like it better.

Here is a pic with the Safariland QLS mounted… note the tactical tailor malice clips (on the drop pouch)… I’ll talk about those later.
812556C5-5206-4492-81BD-F0A8E3C98FF8.jpeg

Safariland QLS Fork (right) vs G-Code Holster adapter (left)
EA6B0E63-B6B8-4D9E-A0D1-16277C361A5C.jpeg

Up close of hardware shown above
72855478-0C97-49EA-91E9-1621A1352064.jpeg

About those malice clips… I forgot how much I really hated those things and weaving molle in general. Here is the ESSTAC molle adapters I’m using in the mean time. I don’t know if this will be my permanent solution or if I will use them to firm up placement and go with malice clips or something similar.
7975F8C7-2CF6-40CD-9A60-DBFEF553AC4C.jpeg

Finally… the G-Code RTI setup on the belt. This will be my preference here on out for holster drops and attachments. I haven’t attached the leg strap yet. Ran out of time before other commitments took priority.
F2B3329F-C02C-4312-93D4-E08AEAEB27AD.jpeg

I like the Ronin Belt. Seems solid and stiff as my old duty belt for patrol. Maybe stiffer being new. I have the DARK IFAK en route and am thinking of mounting it forward of the firearm. This would allow it to be accessible with either hand. Time will tell and it’s a work in progress but wanted to share some pics and thoughts so far.

@pmclaine couldn’t hold out for the new IFAK and the wife was able to use her HSA which we never end up touching (thankfully) anyways.

I'll still contact you as "One is none".

I'd recommend against anything between gun and belt buckle, belt buckle and bullets.

My IFAK looks huge but really it's got the minimum in it to to deal with one limb wound or joint pack....

image.jpg

Riding the new to me today pistol......

I’ll agree one is none.

I’m still going back and forth on the malice clips. It would be better for the inner belt…

Whats the new to you? Guessing a Sig 320 variant by looking at the magazine you’ve got loaded (look like the M18’s)

I’ll agree one is none.

I’m still going back and forth on the malice clips. It would be better for the inner belt…

Whats the new to you? Guessing a Sig 320 variant by looking at the magazine you’ve got loaded (look like the M18’s)

Sig bit me hard this last month....

Bought the M18 after leaving the rifle class you and I were in. Love it feels great in hand. Finally went to the dark side in a plastic pistol that doesnt shoot .45ACP.

Fell in love with the look of the 320 AXG when looking at the M18 but had to scratch that Marine itch first.

Bought the AXG 320 after the First Aid class two weeks ago.

Its okay though.....all the mags are compatible so it was a no brainer, totally justified.

Sig bit me hard this last month....

Bought the M18 after leaving the rifle class you and I were in. Love it feels great in hand. Finally went to the dark side in a plastic pistol that doesnt shoot .45ACP.

Fell in love with the look of the 320 AXG when looking at the M18 but had to scratch that Marine itch first.

Bought the AXG 320 after the First Aid class two weeks ago.

Its okay though.....all the mags are compatible so it was a no brainer, totally justified.
Can’t take it with you ;)

That M18 has really got me looking at it hard. Checks a lot of boxes. It may end up being my next pistol.

Can’t take it with you ;)

That M18 has really got me looking at it hard. Checks a lot of boxes. It may end up being my next pistol.

I was always kind of the "Service Pistol should be Service Pistol Size" mentality.

I love my Colt Commanders and Im finding these 320 compacts get it done, with way more capacity.

I believe the Colt use has made me pretty adept at the thumb sweeping the safety. Ive taken two classes with thumb safety guns and done okay despite work guns being hinged triggers.

Thing I like about the AXG is "metal" lower.

Last edited:
That AXG with a metal lower seems nice. My old department carried the Sig 226. I liked it… not a fan of pistols with the manual safeties so I tend to gravitate away from service pistols… they always try to suck me in though.

Belt:
Ronin 1.5” Inner Belt

Holster:

Mag Pouches:

I saw your set up pictures....LOOKS GOOD(y).

I have a TaskForce in black Multicam....also for a G19.
51071416566_3930ab0afb_b.jpg

I'll have to get an updated picture, with more of a view of the belt. I have some esstac mag pouches on it. A triple and a double. My only gripe is with the triple, the magazines sit a little close together, so if you use Tacticool base pads, they hit each other....annoying and kind of a problem. I also added a small ifak....my only problem is that that the only room for a dump pouch is at 5 o'clock position, barely.

My ifak is very basic and low cost. https://www.rescue-essentials.com/swat-t-holster-compressed-gauze-gloves/
Elastic tourniquet, compressed gauze, and gloves. No fancy hemostatic bandages or airways (sorry, with a big arterial or venous bleed, quikclot isn't gonna do shit, except create a mess for the surgeons who are gonna try to find where you sprung a leak.) Only twenty bucks and in a small belt pouch. I have another ifak sitting on my backpack with more stuff.

Damn I love the belt. I know have a few other belts exiled to the back of the closet. I wish I just spent the money up front to get the quality gear that I ended up getting anyways. We always learn that lesson again and again don't we!

Ahhhhh Im not the only one that can work a thumb safety.......

Getting red dot curious now that I got two pistols ready to don one.

Guessing as Leupold and the Sig products are direct bolt on they come from the same manufacturing source.....guessing that would be Asia.

Im kind of a Trijicon fan boi for the made in USA tag.

How has the Leupold/Sig products been to your actual user knowledge?

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I saw your set up pictures....LOOKS GOOD(y).

I have a TaskForce in black Multicam....also for a G19.
51071416566_3930ab0afb_b.jpg

I'll have to get an updated picture, with more of a view of the belt. I have some esstac mag pouches on it. A triple and a double. My only gripe is with the triple, the magazines sit a little close together, so if you use Tacticool base pads, they hit each other....annoying and kind of a problem. I also added a small ifak....my only problem is that that the only room for a dump pouch is at 5 o'clock position, barely.

My ifak is very basic and low cost. https://www.rescue-essentials.com/swat-t-holster-compressed-gauze-gloves/
Elastic tourniquet, compressed gauze, and gloves. No fancy hemostatic bandages or airways (sorry, with a big arterial or venous bleed, quikclot isn't gonna do shit, except create a mess for the surgeons who are gonna try to find where you sprung a leak.) Only twenty bucks and in a small belt pouch. I have another ifak sitting on my backpack with more stuff.

Damn I love the belt. I know have a few other belts exiled to the back of the closet. I wish I just spent the money up front to get the quality gear that I ended up getting anyways. We always learn that lesson again and again don't we!

Regards SWAT-T......it will work. My job issues them. In the sterile no stress area of the classroom they can be put on effectively.

Had a coworker though that in the stress of just getting stabbed while sitting in the drivers seat of his car, with defensive wounds on both forearms and cuts to his head, so covered with blood......he couldnt even get the slippery plastic pouch open. Luckily the guy that shot the guy attacking him was able to render FA.

Get a tourniquet with a windlass or ratchet for easier application.

Applied the vibra-tite, leg strap and malice clips today. I broke down and just did it. The belt adapters worked fine but I figure this is more suited for the belt. May cut the excess tag end as on the shorts there are two lock positions and it lined up / wove perfect with the closer one.
A61704FE-95EC-4F1C-B1FA-E545CF9043E6.jpeg
2681F3B9-97F6-442C-8CAF-C99E63765C8A.jpeg
5B7A3B48-900D-443F-9B10-212CE94328EF.jpeg

Ahhhhh Im not the only one that can work a thumb safety.......

Getting red dot curious now that I got two pistols ready to don one.

Guessing as Leupold and the Sig products are direct bolt on they come from the same manufacturing source.....guessing that would be Asia.

Im kind of a Trijicon fan boi for the made in USA tag.

How has the Leupold/Sig products been to your actual user knowledge?

That one is the M17 pattern SIG so it was setup to have the baseplate for the Delta Point Pro which is what the initial military contract called for the base to be compatible with. As I understand it, later ones that are similar but not specifically the "M17" pattern, are setup for other more common RDS including SIGs own ones.

Just as a note, if someone hates the safety, you could just swap out the FCG and have the same pistol without the safety.

Also as a note, it comes with the M sized grip, but my hands work better with the S sized grip so I bought the S grip module from the SIG webstore, cut out the safety notch with a Dremel and it was a much better fit for me.

I've shot the setup a few times and the combo works together really well.
The pistol shoots accurately and the trigger is decent enough you don't really need to worry about upgrades.
The DPP has a wider field of view than the smaller Trijicon RDS ones and the dot is easy to pickup.
What I like about that combo is that the DPP has a very nice (but like $100) metal, fully adjustable rear sight option (which you see installed) that lets you co-witness your front sight with the rear sight, so you can use it just as you would without the RDS.

Personally I really like the setup and that's my current bedside HD pistol.

I have a more expensive Trijicon RDS (current generation) on a CZ pistol and if I had to do it over again, I'd put the DPP instead as I personally find I can pickup the dot much faster with the DPP

That being said, I'm not about to go beating on my pistols and optics that I had to work hard for the money to buy, so I can't speak to if the DPP survives more drops and bashes and hammer hits than the other ones, somebody else will have to do that testing if they want it done. But feels rock solid and appears that it would take an extreme amount of abuse to damage it.

The only other upgrade I would consider to it, would be to see about getting an extended, threaded barrel as it would be nice to shoot that suppressed.

Regards SWAT-T......it will work. My job issues them. In the sterile no stress area of the classroom they can be put on effectively.

Had a coworker though that in the stress of just getting stabbed while sitting in the drivers seat of his car, with defensive wounds on both forearms and cuts to his head, so covered with blood......he couldnt even get the slippery plastic pouch open. Luckily the guy that shot the guy attacking him was able to render FA.

Get a tourniquet with a windlass or ratchet for easier application.
I can see it being hard to open a tightly packed pouch if you were covered in blood and being slippery. (hell all medical supplies are gonna be in sterile packaging and slippery. It does make sense to have the tourniquet out of the wrapper for sure.). I do have a regular tourniquet which is on my range backpack.

That one is the M17 pattern SIG so it was setup to have the baseplate for the Delta Point Pro which is what the initial military contract called for the base to be compatible with. As I understand it, later ones that are similar but not specifically the "M17" pattern, are setup for other more common RDS including SIGs own ones.

Just as a note, if someone hates the safety, you could just swap out the FCG and have the same pistol without the safety.

Also as a note, it comes with the M sized grip, but my hands work better with the S sized grip so I bought the S grip module from the SIG webstore, cut out the safety notch with a Dremel and it was a much better fit for me.

I've shot the setup a few times and the combo works together really well.
The pistol shoots accurately and the trigger is decent enough you don't really need to worry about upgrades.
The DPP has a wider field of view than the smaller Trijicon RDS ones and the dot is easy to pickup.
What I like about that combo is that the DPP has a very nice (but like $100) metal, fully adjustable rear sight option (which you see installed) that lets you co-witness your front sight with the rear sight, so you can use it just as you would without the RDS.

Personally I really like the setup and that's my current bedside HD pistol.

I have a more expensive Trijicon RDS (current generation) on a CZ pistol and if I had to do it over again, I'd put the DPP instead as I personally find I can pickup the dot much faster with the DPP

That being said, I'm not about to go beating on my pistols and optics that I had to work hard for the money to buy, so I can't speak to if the DPP survives more drops and bashes and hammer hits than the other ones, somebody else will have to do that testing if they want it done. But feels rock solid and appears that it would take an extreme amount of abuse to damage it.

The only other upgrade I would consider to it, would be to see about getting an extended, threaded barrel as it would be nice to shoot that suppressed.

Shitting up @USMC22 thread here.....

Co-worker came in with his 320 fitted with a Romeo1. He has beat the crap out of it and it still works.

So now my question is SigRomeo1 Pro or Leupold Delta Point Pro?

Liking the smaller DOT on the Leupold....2.5MOA vs 3MOA. I probably cant hold either to their ability but still aim small.........

With Sig I can get 10% off, With Leupold I should be able to get LEO/MIL discount.......

Ill start my own thread after doing a search.

Shitting up @USMC22 thread here.....

Co-worker came in with his 320 fitted with a Romeo1. He has beat the crap out of it and it still works.

So now my question is SigRomeo1 Pro or Leupold Delta Point Pro?

Liking the smaller DOT on the Leupold....2.5MOA vs 3MOA. I probably cant hold either to their ability but still aim small.........

With Sig I can get 10% off, With Leupold I should be able to get LEO/MIL discount.......

Ill start my own thread after doing a search.
I still want to check out the trijicon tritium and fiber optic hws. It’s got a larger dot, I think 9 moa but at pistol distance on a defensive handgun I don’t think that’s terrible.

the leo/mil discount makes the leupold next in line for me if it “fits” without spacers/additional blocks.

interested to see what you go with

I still want to check out the trijicon tritium and fiber optic hws. It’s got a larger dot, I think 9 moa but at pistol distance on a defensive handgun I don’t think that’s terrible.

the leo/mil discount makes the leupold next in line for me if it “fits” without spacers/additional blocks.

interested to see what you go with

Leaning toward Delta Point........

Done for now:

Ronin Task Force
Esstac Quad Pistol Holder, Gap Model, Tactical Tailor Fight Light Malice Clips
Tactical Tailor Fight Light Dump Pouch secured with Tactical Tailor Fight Light Malice Clips
D.A.R.K. Angel IFAK wits CAT Tourniquet and Shears secured with D.A.R.K. Pouch Molle
G-Code RTI Optimal Drop Pistol Platform with Cobra Leg Strap
Safariland 6378USN ALS Model

04A6601B-1C8B-4300-A68D-C2D8F35E4321.jpeg

I’m still figuring out the Safariland. I had a 6360 for work and my Sig 226 dropped in it like it was a golf ball in a bucket. My Glock 19 w/ Surefire X300 hangs up a lot instead of “clicking“ into place like it should. I never EVER had to adjust my other holster. Looks like I’m going to have to learn how with this one.

Reactions: Skunkworx