• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rookie 700 ADL/BDL Question

Heretoimproveforhunting

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
North TX
I picked up a Rem 700 ADL on the cheap a while back. Is it fairly easy to convert the action to BDL? I know that the 'box' needs to be switched out, but wasn't sure if the new one needed to be welded, etc. I'm thinking of using the ADL as a base to build off of, but would like the benefits offered by a BDL. I'm guessing it's a fairly standard / easy modification to make, but a little reassurance doesn't hurt before I go and start dumping money on parts.

Re: Rookie 700 ADL/BDL Question

Easiest way would be to put it in a BDL stock, using BDL bottom metal. A BDL magazine box would need to be used and are available from Midway, Brownell's, etc.

Or you could get the BDL bottom metal and box and inlet the stock you have.

Instead of buying it from Midway you could buy mine if you're looking for a short action. I have the complete set-up your looking for, spring, follower, mag box, and bottom metal.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
bsp212

Either go to Remingtons web site and read the directions they have there for the conversion, or go to Brownells and watch their video on the same subject. Remingtons site does include a complete list of the parts needed. You will need a set of action screws because the Adl and Bdl are different lengths also the magizine box is different.
Good luck