• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rookie Question

Stonepoint

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2021
Texas
Building my first bolt gun and had a question about floor plates.
I am building a 6.5 Creedmoor off of a Remington 700 SA and Pac Nor barrel that I picked up. Wanting to put it into a Manners stock with a floor plate that will accept detachable mags. In looking at the which mags for a 6.5 I am finding that you have to run the 7.62 magazines for that round. If that is the case what BDL floor plate and trigger guard would work best with this configuration or will it work at all>?? Thank you for any advise and sarcasm is welcome!

What you are looking for is typically referred to as “bottom metal”. If your manners has a “mini chassis” setup, you’ll use their bottom metal and AICS magazines. If you don’t have the mini chassis setup, you will have the stock inletted for whichever third party bottom metal you like.

I don’t have direct experience but if I was going to go that route, I’d get the mini-chassis.

This will not be a bdl floor plate. For a detachable mag you will want DBM bottom metal. Take a look at Hawkins and some of their options for 700 DBM bottom metal. For a 6.5 Creedmoor you would be purchasing 308 magazines. Many of these bottom metal such as hawkins will accept AICS type mags.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Hawkins, Grayboe, Badger, Surgeon, all make excellent bottom metal that should fit an M5 pattern inlet. Call Manners and see what they recommend.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
A Manners w/mini chassis will come from the factory with Badger Ordnance bottom metal built in already and will accept any AICS mag.. A Manners (non mini-chassis) or any other stock for that matter, you’re gonna want to order it with an “M5” inlet so you can purchase any brand of M5 footprint bottom metal to drop in on your own, to accept any AICS footprint mags.. Hint- take BDL and floorplate out of your vocabulary or you might end up with the wrong inlet for your bottom metal!

Mini chassis is the way to go with manners. It’s a bedding block with integrated Badger ordnance detachable box magazine (DBM) bottom metal. The Gen1 is a flush bottom (flush with stock), Gen 2 has an extended magazine well, and they also have a mini chassis with a barricade stop built in front.

Short answer: buy with mini chassis (comes with 5-round aics mag) torque barreled action to mini chassis. The end.