• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes rookie super sniper question....

hershey

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2007
northern ohio
ok, i am just getting into the next level of shooting, i finally got stretched out to 300yds today and learned allot from my 100 yd zero.

on my 308 w/ a 100 yd zero i shot off the first dot down w/ a super sniper 20x and was impacting about two inches low, i have now set the knobs to zero(for 100yds) and i want to try and get back out tommorrow and dial my scope to the 300yd distance. what is the monetary distance for that first dot, is it one full revolution of the knob? i guess what i am saying is i don't know how to use the scope.

also learned my 223 is 13" low at 300yds, and 22-250 is 8". i did surprise myself w/ a 3 shot 1 1/4" group at 300yds. w/ it.

wind was ugly to, blades of grass thrown into the air descended at about a 45 degree angle and moved point of impact at 300yds over 3" w/ 168gr bullets.

Re: rookie super sniper question....

that 1st dot has no monetary value.

It does have a mil value of 1 mil, and an moa value of 3.438 minutes of angle.

1 full turn of the elevation knob is 15 moa or about 4.36 of those dots.

Each numbered mark on the elevation turret is 1 minute of angle.
for 300 yars, ballpark your adjustment at 4.25 moa up and give it a go.

Re: rookie super sniper question....

Yep, Buying a copy of "Mil-Dot Master" should be in your near future. It gives you the basics of the features to a Mil-Dot reticle and how to apply them.

Chupa