• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Roscoe's dirty secret

cockcroft

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2004
Huntsville, Texas
Don't tell anyone that Roscoe also builds bench guns. He doesn't want to be called a "bench weinie".
Needed a Christmas present built for my daughter so I took Roscoe all the parts and here is what I gave her.
Stolle Panda F class action LBRP, 243AI, Bartlein 1.250 straight 7.5 tw., Shehane ST1000, Jewel 2oz.,
Loaded up 10 Lapua 243 cases with 40.3 gr. of RL 22 and jambed Berger 115 vld's. Shots 3-6 went into one hole, I let the 7th. shot get away to the rt.
Rachel says thank you William.
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Re: Roscoe's dirty secret

Roscoe's a bench weenie...Roscoe's a bench weenie...

Nice rifle...nice cartridge

I'm just happy I won't see that at a Sniper Match.

--KJ

Cool platform there hero, congratulations to you and I hope you and Rachel enjoy it. Roscoe builds a mean stick as a bench weenie or if you're tacticool...but I gotta tell you with a name like cockcroft it's hard to believe Roscoe is the one with a secret
smile.gif

You dont have much choice with the name your born with. Kinda like a boy named Sue.
Here's the tacticool rifle Roscoe built me.
IMG_0031-1.jpg

Looks like you had finally had it squirted with some automotive clear, looks good. That really sucks that load development took so long, less than 20 shots and all done.

I bet the next clay pigeon match that you and Rachel shoot will be a good one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cockcroft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You dont much choice with the name your born with. Kinda like a boy named Sue.
Here's the tacticool rifle Roscoe built me.
IMG_0031-1.jpg
</div></div>

Kinda cool then really
smile.gif
sorry for the lack of originality. The fact remains you've got great taste in guns and really in your smiff' of choice. I just couldn't resist....

That is dirty. I just sent my rifle to him Thursday and I think I'm going to call him in the morning to insist he wear protection while he works on it...........

Looks good! only one little problem though it appears to me that both of those rifles are backwards
confused.gif

J/K

What kind of velocity are you getting out of the 243AI?
i've got a #17 Kreiger 1-7" sitting here and i'm thinking about a 243AI set up for 115's...

Steve

Wow, those are some nice groups. How are you, or I guess your daughter, liking the .243 AI. I was doing some reading on it the other day, sounds like an awesome cartridge. You can’t argue with the ballistics of those 115’s. I am already considering re-barreling the rifle that is still being built for me right now in .243 AI after I burn out its first barrel.

Also, love the stock, I have always had a soft spot for laminated stocks and that one is no exception.

Very Nice