• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rough weekend

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    So my wife takes our 15 yr old chocolate lab for a walk . All good dog is happy , sniifin shit and waggin tail . As they walk back up to the house my dog drops over dead . Wife managed to lean far enough to knock on the window alerting me .
    Trixie was technically my Daughter's but she was my buddy . First dog in a while I hadn't gotten for hunting . Sorry I hadn't gotten a female 20 years earlier . She was an absolute Luv , true Beta female . Watched over everyone , gave attention and followed the Alpha Female ( my wife ) like she was attached . She passed Friday after dinner .
    So today I forced my self to go to the pistol range . Needed to get out of my head . After the range brother calls and said Dad is assisted living and not long for this world . So I get local and info . An hour later Text " Dad died " .
    I have been TKO'D twice , lights on and nobody home in my fighting endeavors . Feeling TKO'D .

sorry for your loss and for your families . Nothing is guaranteed , which could be why it's said treat everyday like it's your last in case it is . as I get older I am constantly reminded how precious every moment can be cause faster than you can blink it can all be gone .

So my wife takes our 15 yr old chocolate lab for a walk . All good dog is happy , sniifin shit and waggin tail . As they walk back up to the house my dog drops over dead . Wife managed to lean far enough to knock on the window alerting me .
    Trixie was technically my Daughter's but she was my buddy . First dog in a while I hadn't gotten for hunting . Sorry I hadn't gotten a female 20 years earlier . She was an absolute Luv , true Beta female . Watched over everyone , gave attention and followed the Alpha Female ( my wife ) like she was attached . She passed Friday after dinner .
    So today I forced my self to go to the pistol range . Needed to get out of my head . After the range brother calls and said Dad is assisted living and not long for this world . So I get local and info . An hour later Text " Dad died " .
    I have been TKO'D twice , lights on and nobody home in my fighting endeavors . Feeling TKO'D .
    I am so sorry to hear ab out your losses.

Unfortunately, really bad shit does happen to really good people.

May your grief at the loss of your dad...and Trixie the dog....heal quickly. They will always live in your heart and mind but that is often thin consolation.

Damn man, sorry for your losses. Sounds like the pup had a great life and went happy with a loved one near by at least.

Hopefully your dad went peacefully as well. None of us get out of life alive all we can hope for is a peaceful transition to whatever's next.

So deeply sorry for your loss. I always count my grief an honor because it means my loved one was TRULY loved.

I'm convinced I'll see my pup again.

That’s a rough one. Feeling TKOed proves you are human. Keep breathing and moving, the rest can be pushed to the right for a bit. Time doesn’t make it hurt less, it just makes it a load you are well practiced in carrying. Most dogs are so unconsciously upbeat and happy with each day, I’m sure she would like to see you getting comfort out of remembering what she enjoyed. I’m sorry about your Dad. It’s a big hit to lose someone who has been a constant for our whole life.

Life is testing you man. Hang in there, and stay strong... you will make it through. Remember the good and share with those around you

Sorry for what your going through. You’ll get to the point of just being thankful for them without the pain, but it will be a while. Condolences to you and your family.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Sorry for your troubles, ATD. You're a solid hand hereabouts, as I'm sure you are in yhe rest of your life. I'm sure you are the person your family can lean on in this time of tragedy. Be strong, lean forward, and take care of your own. Best wishes. Let me know if I can help. God speed.
    -W

Your Father and your Dog are together and having a good time. It will be tough, I've found that the pain never leaves. It's like an old wound, you forget it's there till the right pressure makes the mind remember. Stay strong and savor the memories, they will be with you forever.

I know the pain as last week our Lab Spooks had to be put to sleep. He was in a lot of pain for a day with a spinal injury that came out of no where.
    What you describe with your dog is just what happened with our German Shepard a few years back. Walking with wife and just fell over dead. Vet described it as angiosarcoma.

Expressing sorrow for your losses and wish you the best.

My condolences to your family. Saturday morning we had to put down our cat of 15 years. You just don't realize what impact they have on your life until they're not there doing what you took for granted.
    20210911_132827.jpg

Lost my best friend of 15 years about 4 weeks ago. It can rip your heart out. Both of my parents and all of my grandparents are with the Lord. It’s a strange realization that you’re in the oldest group of the family now. I seem to be currently showering my wife’s 12 year old JRT with all my dog love and she is very happy.

RIP Jack

06EA2AF3-CB1E-446C-8453-E42630720D67.jpeg

Prayers for you and your family.
    I caught myself complaining about having to take my 91 year old dad to some of his appointments the other day, and quickly corrected myself. I know these times with him will soon enough be missed and that each day is a gift.
    Hang in there.

I’m sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and your family, and ease the pain and suffering you’re going through. My prayers for you and all your family members will continue. Hang Tough.

Consider it a blessing, son. They were both on the threshold to cross over and went together.

The pain and grief is overwhelming but at least you won't have to endure it twice.

Reactions: Alphatreedog