• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Round count for this seasons matches at Topstraps Rimfire Challenge

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
It's almost that time of the year to get my Longrange (midrange) Rimfire matches going again. I'm still planning on the second weekend of each month (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) for them starting around 8 or so in the morning. One thing I was going to put out there and I hope to get some response back is about the round count for each match.

With the shortage of ammo of all types being in short supply I am wanting opinions on whether to keep my matches around 85 to 100 rounds needed or to drop back to around 50 for those that may not have a supply of rimfire ammo stocked away. I think competitors like the bigger round count to give them more trigger time but others may not like the time it takes to shoot at that many targets and also to help conserve their ammo supply.

I'm fine either way and I also thought about another match I can mix in a couple times thru this summer. I bought a couplle Gamo Springer 22 cal pellet rifles, with a bit of playing around at the range the first day we got them it seems it may be pretty fun to use and surprised me how well it shot. Chris and I just guessed holdover with the cheap scope it came with and were able to ring my 7" sighter plates out thru 100 yards pretty easy.

I have a little bit better scope coming that can be dialed but I thought maybe use some IHMSA pistol silhouettes at each distance from 25 yards to 125 yards and be 40 shots total. Use a mixture of targets and use the larger ones for farther out. The new scopes should be here any day so I'll give it more testing but could be a fun option for those with limited 22 ammo and also a chance to see how well we can get these springer guns to shoot.

Let me know what you all think so I can get working on making swinger targets out of the IHMSA targets. I was thinking from .177 to .25 cal springer only, no CO2 or PCP guns to keep it fun and cheap for everyone.

I'll post this on all my usual places, Rimfire Central, Accurate Shooter, Snipers Hide and Facebook on Ohio Precision Shooters so most of shooters that frequent my matches can read and respond.

Hope it's a fun Summer, think we should try to get in all the shooting we can while we can and enjoy it. Hmmm, planning a pellet gun match but loading for ELR Centerfire matches. Got it all covered this summer, from 10 yards to 2000 plus yards.

Topstrap (Dennis)