• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.Round count

nobody13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Montana
I was just wondering what all you non-comp. rec. shooters get for an annual round count? I realize a guy can get more living in the southern part of the u.s. Up north, winters make it a bit tougher. I had a guy tell me he gets approx. 10k rounds per season with a full time job. Maybe I just don't get out enough, but usually twice a week. So How many rounds go down range just for fun??

Re: .Round count

I put about 10k rounds downrange a month!....on the PS3!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put about 10k rounds downrange a month!....on the PS3!
smile.gif
</div></div> me too, long live call of duty 4!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobody13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just wondering what all you non-comp. rec. shooters get for an annual round count? I realize a guy can get more living in the southern part of the u.s. Up north, winters make it a bit tougher. I had a guy tell me he gets approx. 10k rounds per season with a full time job. Maybe I just don't get out enough, but usually twice a week. So How many rounds go down range just for fun?? </div></div>

That is a little less than 200 rounds a week. It's totally doable, but not cheap.

I can put down 50-100 in a meaningful range session. More than that and it starts to be "blasting". IIRC out state 5-day basic school requires you to bring 500 rounds.

10k rounds a year through a precision rifle is definitely possible, but not the norm. I can't afford to do it at my current level, but I try. Lately it's just been difficult to find time to get to the range when I am not being paid for it.

Does seem possible in a year. sorry, I meant a warm season. Approx 5 months up here in Montana. Not easy to shoot in below zero flopped down in a snowbank for fun! I know "if it aint rainin' you aint trainin", but this guy is no operator and has never even seen the yellow footprints.