• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rounds binding in pmag

Pilotscrappy

Winter is coming
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Spring Hill,Tn
Trying to adjust a pmag to work in my mpa chassis. I followed their YouTube vid on filing down a stock pmag to get it to work.

I thought I was good to go as after I filed and took material off the feedlips the bolt closed and glided over the mag like butter.

But the first few rounds in a 5 rounder are binding up as seen in video. Any idea how to fix??

Link to video

Looks like you may have filed too much,the pressure is popping the rounds straight up out of the mag as soon as the bolt touches it. The last three rounds are likely just hanging in there as there isn’t as much upward pressure on the rounds.

Try mdt mag work better than pmags

MDT may or may not work better. You can adjust the bullet ride height, but they don't always work well in the MPA without some love on the chassis or using them a lot until things wear down to the point that things work well. I have 2 MPA comps. Neither have issues with pmags, one worked from the get go with MDT's, the other has been MDT challenged but after 100 or so mag changes it is getting to the point where they work good enough to not cause frustration.

MPA stock, TL3 action and 6BRA............ PMAG's saved me, work flawlessly!
Though, I did have to file off the follower bump, otherwise it liked to spear the last round above the chamber.

As stated, the reality is that it really does depend on the combination you are using.
Goodluck

Ordered a mdt, will be here tomorrow. I'll update how it works.

I have to ride my cartridges pretty high for both 6.5 CM and 6 Dasher out of the MDT's from the MPA's - they look pretty lame! However, they do cycle clean. I learned pretty quick that bending the lips is not something to take big swings at as the point at which the no longer hold with a full mag comes along fast in the process. Go slow if you find you need to do this. Regardless, they will have far less and possibly no play in the MPA compared to the pmag. Get them to work and you will be a happy-happy.

Reactions: Pilotscrappy
I recently had an issue using pmags with my R700 6.5 build. It would feed the first round flawlessly BUT when doing so it ever so slightly drug the next round forward causing the tip, hahaha just the tip, to catch under the feed ramp. I tried a borrowed metal mag and it fed all 5 smooth as silk. I ordered the Ruger gun scout metal mags as I wasn’t going to pay top dollar for the same thing for a different name, and they too run just as smooth as the Accumag I had borrowed. I know I can file the underside of the ramp but didn’t want to take the gun apart to do so and then re-coat