• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rounds Won't Chamber New AR15 Upper

rng

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
Greetings -
Recent purchase of a J & T Distributing Upper. First outing at the range yesterday and I'm having a problem with some factory loads chambering. Bolt doesn't go all the way home and then I have to fight to extract. If I get the first one to chamber then I can empty the mag without a problem. Got the bore light out to look at the chamber and I see RAISED concentric circles in the chamber. No where near as smooth as my other AR chambers. I've emailed J&T but haven't heard back from them yet. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Richard

DSCN3408.jpg

DSCN3412.jpg

DSCN3411.jpg

Re: Rounds Won't Chamber New AR15 Upper

Did the upper come complete? I had the same problem the and I had to send the bolt/barrel to be properly head spaced.

Yes - complete upper. Once running it shoots pretty good.

WOW really bad chamber job, hope they make it right for you. Wait for their call.

looks like the machining was roughed in and not finished up. i would have it looked at before taking it back to the range.

Thanks for all the responses. Tim and Nick were very responsive and had the upper picked up on their dime. Should have the replacement by next week.

Best Regards,
Richard.