• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RP Rifles and my 6.5 Creedmoor.

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I bought this rifle earlier in the year from KYS, it was a SAC built in .260. 2500 rounds later, I was in need of a new barrel. I picked one up from bugholes, and sent it down to Aaron Roberts of RP rifles to spin this new barrel on.

He delivered top notch service. He took apart my action, and bolt cleaning everything, checked everything and kept me up to date on the process. I went with a 6.5 Creedmoor chambering this time, and told him I was shooting 140 bergers hybrids. He went above and beyond to figure out the best reamer to use. Calling more than a few people that are experts on the subject. We settled on the standard match PTG reamer so I'll have the choice to shoot other bullets if needed.

The rifle was done quickly, and to my liking. Brake was timed, to the barrel the threaded, and the whole rifle came back in better shape than I dropped it off to him.

Now for the results.

1000 yard 5 shot group. 140g Berger Hybrids 43.1g H4350 I'm guessing 2830fps Turing up on AB kestrel and Ballistic AE
8a5kIJe.png

Aaron sending me photos of him working on my rifle.
LlqzVNR.jpg

mnQCijw.jpg

FIMFGQt.jpg

Everything from 42.0-43.1g shot in the same place. 43.1 shot the best, so I kept it. I've shot a few groups like this even with 5 shots.
FFYscAO.png

Here is my Cold Bore from the OTS match. Best one I've ever shot.
EKIDoZO.jpg

Taking it out to the range.
kPtbw4P.jpg

3 shots at 300 yards. Don't worry , that's not my steel. A range I shoot at thought it was AR500, quickly figured out that it was not.
EGZq3Ee.jpg

Top not service, from a top not smith. I'm very impressed with my rifle, and the work done by A-Aron!

Last edited: