• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RPA Quadlock

bward

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
I can't find much information on the RPA Quadlock other than it is a 4 lug design, has an extremely short lock time, and is pricey. How is the bolt throw as far as effort to lift it? Do you feel that it is worth the additional $? Also, I can't find a place to buy one in the USA. Does anyone know where they can be purchased from?
Thanks

Re: RPA Quadralock

Google RPA Quadlock and Quadlite.

Not sure if anyone still imports them into the states.

This was Jared Van Aalst's 6.5 x 284 1,000-yard rifle when he shot for Army on the AMU: http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/rparifle.html
670_RPA.jpg

i looked into this awhile ago and contacted rpa, they have no importers in the us. I have been told by people that have used them that the amount of force to lift the bolt after firing is ridiculously hard also. between that and the price i gave up on it.

I've googled them, but can't find much info. I've seen where people say creedmore sports is importing them, but I can't find the actions on their website.

I had a RPA Quadlite rifle in 6.5x284. While the rifle shot extremely well the bolt lift was hard compared to a Remington 700 action. Really a pain when you have a round that would require a little more force than normal. While the rifle was very accurate I do not wish to have it back.

I am thinking of doing an F/TR build and am wanting to do something different so the quadlock is attractive from that standpoint. I was afraid of the bold lift being heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">95LTZ, have you handled a barnard? If so, how does the bolt lift compare? </div></div>

I have a Barnard and the action is a smooth as butter and NOT difficult to lift by any stretch of the imagination.

MM02A-1275x560.jpg

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...558#Post2218558

I have never handled a Barnard. The rifle that I value most above all others is my Tubb SpecTacLr in 6 XC.
Semper Fi

Buy the Barnard. As was previously said the bolt lift is very easy and very smmoth. The trigger is fantastic. Something to consider is the Barnard comes with a very nice trigger included in the $1100 dollar price tag. Many other actions for the same cost or more do not include the $250 to $300 dollar trigger. Also the importer, MT Guns is a great company to deal with and can do an entire turn key package for you. HTH

plus one for the Barnard, the trigger is fantastic, the action super rigid and very very smooth. I would recomand it over the quadlock.

I have a RPA 2000, the predecessor of the Quad. It is a 4-lug design, as well. The RPA uses a stack of Belleville washers inside the bolt instead of a standard firing pin spring. That is where the increased bolt lift...and the extremely quick lock time come from. It is not a Remington or clone, therefore it has a different feel. The RPA's are rare enough, it's sort of like saying "bald eagle meat tastes different than chicken".

I also have a Barnard. It is a 3-lug design. It comes with a great trigger. The tolerances are so tight you can feel the resistance when you put grease on the bolt. Feels like your pushing in the plunger on a syringe.

Both make better than great rifles but the Barnard is available new today from MT Guns whereas a RPA is in the used market. Go with the Barnard. Not better, per se, but available, and cheaper.

AG in NC

Ive heard rummors that Sinclair will be importing them. Cant back this statement up but wouldnt hurt to give them a call

I'm another proponent of the Barnard. The action is very nice, I had one built as a .300RUM. I have the Tikka version of the Barnard trigger on a rifle now and it is great.

Also another endorsement for Mac at MT guns, he's a great guy and does some great smithing.
Justin

+1 for the barnard. Mac built mine too. He was great to deal with.

Ok so it seems like everyone prefers the barnards. Anyone out their with an INCH action? I exchanged some emails today with the designer and they sound really nice. I think they have been available in Australia for a while now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so it seems like everyone prefers the barnards. Anyone out their with an INCH action? I exchanged some emails today with the designer and they sound really nice. I think they have been available in Australia for a while now. </div></div>

are you looking for a single shot rifle? That seems to be the models that CG Inch is making. Or, I missed something.

http://www.actionclear.com.au/index.php

RPA quadlock is a perfect action for prone long range shooting with a sling, from 600 to 1000 yards. Bolt need more muscle to open than a rem700 but shooting with a sling an single shot rifle it's not à problem. Rpa single shots actions have a high victory on the queens competitions at bisley (UK)

This is mine
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6320/dsc08193lx.jpg

Re: RPA Quadlock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find much information on the RPA Quadlock other than it is a 4 lug design, has an extremely short lock time, and is pricey. How is the bolt throw as far as effort to lift it? Do you feel that it is worth the additional $? Also, I can't find a place to buy one in the USA. Does anyone know where they can be purchased from?
Thanks </div></div>

Bolt lift is VERY heavy on them. Triggers have notoriously sucked for them (heavy also). Single shot only.

Quad Lite is a much better offering from them.

If you really want an action of this type for the type of shooting it was intended, sling and coat prone, then look at the Barnard P. Superior in every way to the Quadlock.

They make for an awesome F/TR and F-Open action too.

MT Guns is the importer and has them in stock in CA.

mtguns.com

Gents,

DRAKE ASSOCIATES is the only importer of the RANGEMASTER Precision Arms, RIFLES as well as QUADLITE and QUADLOCK actions in the United States.

Pleaes go to our web site www.DRAKEASSOCIATES.us for product details on the Rangemaster Products

If anyone needs pricing on components or accessories, please send me an email or give me a call (631)905-1217

Thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find much information on the RPA Quadlock other than it is a 4 lug design, has an extremely short lock time, and is pricey. How is the bolt throw as far as effort to lift it? Do you feel that it is worth the additional $? Also, I can't find a place to buy one in the USA. Does anyone know where they can be purchased from?
Thanks </div></div>

Bolt lift is VERY heavy on them. Triggers have notoriously sucked for them (heavy also). Single shot only.

Quad Lite is a much better offering from them.

If you really want an action of this type for the type of shooting it was intended, sling and coat prone, then look at the Barnard P. Superior in every way to the Quadlock.

They make for an awesome F/TR and F-Open action too.

MT Guns is the importer and has them in stock in CA.

mtguns.com

</div></div>

With regards to bolt lift, we have heard no complaints about the bolt lift. Also with the 4 lug on the bolt, this makes the bolt a very fast to maniuplate.

The triggers are a new design from Rangemaster that are 2 stage competition design. They are also used on the Rangemaster competition rifles and on the hunting as well as tactical rifles. Triggers weight are fully adjustable as well.

The QUADLOCK and QUADLITE actions are built to very high tolerances and are made with precision in mind. This is why they are very popular through out Europe for competition use and for custom builds. Both actions are available as single shot and multi-shot/repeater actions.

actions_and_triggers.jpg

quadlite-action.jpg

Rangemaster today is not the business it was years ago. The facility has been absolutely modernized and has gained quite a footing through out Europe and the competition shooting communities as well as military communities with regards to the tactical sniper weapon systems. This year we have been moving forward with the systems here in the United State and we have had very positive feed back on the systems and components (From both the civilian competition shooters and the US Military / US Law Enforcemnt entities).

rangemaster-50-tactical-rifle.jpg

One spiral development is our STALKER GEN 2 Sniper Weapon System and the INTERCEPTOR GEN 2 Sniper Weapon System.

IMG_6782.JPG

100m_target_Stalker_Gen2_Federal168BTHP.jpg

Please check out our web site for additional details on the Rangemaster Products www.DRAKEASSOCIATES.us