• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RPA single shot 50BMG?

DesertMonkey

Minuteman
Sep 5, 2008
Utah, Vernal
I am looking for any one that has knowledge on these. Are they a good action? Are they worth the money? Any and all info would be nice. And would something like this move easily on today's market?
Thanks,
L.

Re: RPA single shot 50BMG?

Did you read this:
http://www.snipercentral.com/rparifles.phtml

I know that is the mag fed version, but i would think its pretty similar to their single shot, just doesnt have the mag well? Any ways, doesnt look like the most visually attractive gun to me(just my opinion), but beyond that i have never heard anything about them and never seen anything posted here or on the ar forums about them.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for any one that has knowledge on these. </div></div>

Ping Later on the board as he had one.

The importer was OK Weber. He has stopped importing RPA. However, he still has some of the GBMF actions. $2500 with trigger. Apparently, people building .416's are also buying them.

RPA still exists, but getting parts in the U.S. is painful. There is a dealer in Australia and one in the UK, but the GBMF was/is pretty rare. Also, in recent times, RPA appears to be have focused more on [big] military contracts than [small] civilian sales although this may have since changed.

The action is pretty massive and the barrel tenon is enormous, I think it is 1.5"-12 so you're looking at a 1.75" barrel blank.

The actions [in general] are well made although not always perfect, the triggers are a very nice two-stage design (the RPA & the CG/Jackson are pretty darn close in design given the shared design DNA), and there is tons of bedding area. I've never handled a GBMF, but the designs tend to have significant cocking effort due to the 45 degree bolt throw and a pretty stiff spring. I don't recall if the GBMF uses a coil spring or belleville washers.

HTH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for any one that has knowledge on these. Are they a good action? Are they worth the money? Any and all info would be nice. And would something like this move easily on today's market?
Thanks,
L.</div></div>

DM the RPA GBMF (Great Big Mother "F"er lol) is a quad lug design that operates with bellville washers (IIRC 26 of them). The action is nice and hard to find. If I were building a big 50 right now I would go with the Barnard Action.
Here are few pics of the RPA:
1210012175.jpg

1210012142.jpg

1210012102.jpg

1210011972.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know that is the mag fed version, but i would think its pretty similar to their single shot, just doesnt have the mag well?

CJG</div></div>

Actually they are completely different in size and few other details.

ALSO NOTE: there is NO importer at this time. RPA advises they are in the works of getting new importer but last phone conversation I had which was 4 months ago they had not found a suitable importer.

Thank

nice pics!! to the OP, it appears you have some cash and our looking at differnet things, including the other thread about piston AR's. 50bmg is great and i think everyone should own one, but now days even reloading FMJ .50 is downright raping the bank account...but is that a reason not to get one?? depends on the funds but i would say no.