• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RPR .300 PRC - Muzzle Brake Slight Cant

WilliamH4

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2021
Indiana
The muzzle brake on my RPR came with a slight cant. It's not that bad, but when I look down the barrel and see it's not squared with my hand guard, it bugs me. Is there an easy way to adjust the brake without marring anything? I don't mind paying a gunsmith the adjust it, but after reading some reviews for local gunsmiths, I think they may mar it themselves. I'm sure I could get it adjusted, problem is I'm not so sure how to do it without jacking up the jam nut.

Lol.

The slight cant is probably on purpose to account for recoil dynamics. Shoot it and see if recoil is strait before fixing what is not broken.

You are going to have to get over scratches and dings, mismatched finishes and sometimes outrite fugly stuff if you intend to shoot often.

The holes you poke, the steel you ring are the only important thing. Lol

Lol.

The slight cant is probably on purpose to account for recoil dynamics. Shoot it and see if recoil is strait before fixing what is not broken.

You are going to have to get over scratches and dings, mismatched finishes and sometimes outrite fugly stuff if you intend to shoot often.

The holes you poke, the steel you ring are the only important thing. Lol
Yeah, I know. I make an effort to not see things (not let them bother me) that aren't square, straight, plumb, etc. but it's hard, LOL.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
Or remove shit brake when it's full of carbon, then replace it with a self timing brake you can remove and clean. :)