• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes RPR Rings vs 20 MOA Mount???

Cayenne6

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2017
I recently purchased an Athlon Cronus BTR for my gen 1 RPR. I also ordered Seekins Precision matched 34mm rings but before the scope arrived I also found a half price deal on a Seekins Precision 34mm 20MOA MXM mount. Now I’m debating which would be the better way to go. I have read where some claim the RPR rail is not a true 20 MOA rail and others swear it is. I plan to push this rifle to the limits of the caliber but I have to choose to either sacrifice the caps or the sunshade with the MXM Mount. Please weigh in with any thoughts, opinions, or advice on which would be the best setup. Thanks in advance!!

Rings for sure. 40 MOA of total cant is a lot. My rail is a true 20 MOA.

Thanks for confirming my gut feeling lol. The mount was just too good of a deal to pass up. I’ll throw it in the parts box for another project.

Well it looks like I’m going to get to try the mount out after all. I didn’t realize that the Black Friday sale items at SWFA was used crap that had been returned. Bought a Seekins ATC brake and the Seekins Precision AR height 34mm rings. I installed the brake when it came in, it had been fired but looked good so I just installed it and threw the ring box on the shelf. Just opened it up to install the scope and the rings are scratched all to hell. Went to tighten up the base and they will barely budge. One will not even go all the way in. I backed them out and you can see residue from ancient red thread locker on all the screws. Someone tried to clean them but they were unsuccessful. One of the screws is so chewed up on the end I’m surprised it even came out. All the base screws are damaged in the last 3/16” of the threads. Glad I waited until the weekend of a local event to mount the scope.