• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RPR trigger choices - JARD triggers?

ArsPoetica

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2021
Raleigh, NC
I'm really getting comfortable with my RPR and confidently hitting targets out to 1000yds (man sized IPSC steel) but I'm thinking of upgrading my trigger (I'm still shooting the factory trigger, which honestly isn't bad) and choices seem a little limited. Obviously there's Timney and I know they're solid, but all I see are 2 stage triggers and I'm not sure that's what I want. I put a 2 stage on my AR-10 and I'm not really sold on it (granted it's not an ultralight target trigger, but still...) I just want to get the most out of my rifle and the trigger seems the next best thing short of a $600+ barrel.

Simply put, I recently discovered JARD triggers and there's very little detail on how they function in bolt guns, specifically the RPR. Everything I see shows them in an AR platform. I was considering the 16oz or 32oz pull weight (the 8oz just seems a little TOO light) and I wanted some honest feedback from anyone whose shot one or has familiarity with one.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

I've only shot 3 RPRs, and the triggers were all pretty consistent.

I loved the one I had on mine, just adjusted it a bit lighter and it was great. Definitely run a function test (no ammo, buttstock drop test)

For the money and possible issues with reliability, just lighten your factory trigger (safely) and focus on your fundamentals, or put it toward a Kestrel Elite w/AB, more ammo, gas $

I'd rather put that $ toward a new rifle over upgrading the RPR which has a perfectly good trigger IMO.

Just a thought, your gun, your $, your journey

I've only shot 3 RPRs, and the triggers were all pretty consistent.

I loved the one I had on mine, just adjusted it a bit lighter and it was great. Definitely run a function test (no ammo, buttstock drop test)

For the money and possible issues with reliability, just lighten your factory trigger (safely) and focus on your fundamentals, or put it toward a Kestrel Elite w/AB, more ammo, gas $

I'd rather put that $ toward a new rifle over upgrading the RPR which has a perfectly good trigger IMO.

Just a thought, your gun, your $, your journey
Like I said it's certainly not a bad trigger, definitely good for a stock one. But not long ago I bought 500 rds of Hornady Super Performance (which give me the best groups) and I seldom shoot more than 50-60 rounds in a sitting. I've also upgraded the grip, mag release, bolt knob, bolt shroud, muzzle brake (for my Rugged suppressor), front bipod, rear monopod, and more money on a scope than the rifle cost. And honestly, I'd face a lot less grief from the wife for a $150-200 trigger than I would for a whole new long-range rifle, no matter how much I "saved" for it. As for the Kestrel...
Kestrel.jpeg

Reactions: pineoak