• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rpr

Larry Lambert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2024
Kernersville nc
Everyone is an expert at something, let’s hear your opinions on the RPR. I’m trying to decide if I should keep or sale this rifle. I’m old school so a traditional bolt gun suits my needs. If you own one or had experience what’s the pros and cons?
IMG_8843.jpeg

it will never shoot or perform like a custom action gun. It is phenomenal for what it is (I have owned one w/ a hawk hill barrel) but will never compete with a custom gun. If you want to get more serious about shooting or reloading I would see it for an origin based firearm.

Reactions: Larry Lambert
I think they were good when they were like $1k on sale. At the current prices I don't think they're worth it.

Also maybe its just me but I always found them fugly.

I have one in .308 but I pimped it a bit (new stock, etc.). Vortex scope. I like it. Will probably upgrade to a .338 LAP once I master this one.

Handled one at the LGS last Friday… Not hating, but back when they were $1,200 I thought they were overpriced for the lack of quality you get. Now that they are $2K, they are grossly overpriced, and the quality seems like it’s even lower than it was before. The bolts have lots of play, and running the action just isn’t that smooth. To me, it honestly felt like a ridiculously overpriced Ruger American stuck in a chassis. And this is coming from someone who owns a Ruger American.

My take is that they need a new Gen with integrated Arca, and an improved buttstock. Maybe a smoother bolt lift if possible. If they could do that it would be back up there with the best entry-level guns. Right now there's just no point in recommending it over something like a Solus. And for just a few hundred more you're into MPA and Seekins territory, and it just doesn't hold up against those.

Reactions: FuhQ