• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA 308 accuracy

RidgeRebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Hurricane, UT
I have a RRA standard length A4 308 on order. Does anybody have any experience with these rifles? What kind of accuracy can I expect from it? The RRA web sight advertises 1moa at 100yrds. I will want to change the handguard for a free float. Will any free float hand guard fit on this rifle? Also what else could I do to squeez as much as possible out of the rifle? Thanks for your help.

Re: RRA 308 accuracy

I have the 16" Mid-length A4 model and it definately gave me sub-moa groups with 175 gr. Black Hills match ammo. I've also shot various surplus through it and it has averaged right at 1 MOA with it.

I've also got the Varmint model and it's giving me excellent groups also. You will be very happy with it. Rock River has done an excellent job with this rifle.

Sorry Boltripper but don't quit get what you mean can you please explain? Thanks for the responses.

I think what he's trying to say is - change the stock trigger to an aftermarket one or the whole fire control group. There's a lot of options as far as triggers go (double stage, single stage and lbs of pull), do some research around here there's plenty of info to be found.

Is there something better than the RRA 2 stage match trigger that comes with these rifles? I find it to be pretty good, but am open to knowing what might be better.

I was just decoding what Bolt said. If the rifle comes with the RRA's two stage then you're pretty much set. Unless you want a single stage one like a Timney.

I have a RRA 5.56 with their 2 stage match trigger and I love it. According to RR the rifle I have on order has a 2 stage as well but it does not say that it is a match trigger is there a difference between them? (As in #) The one on my 5.56 is a 3#.

I've noticed on RRA website that some rifles come with a "2-stage trigger" and others with a "2-stage match trigger". I could be wrong, but I don't think that there is a difference. I've got several of there triggers and I can't tell the difference. In fact, my LAR-8 Mid-length says that it is a "2-stage trigger" and my LAR-8 Varmint says that it's a "2-stage Match trigger". I can't tell the difference. They both feel the same and they both look the same. I have not used a trigger scale on them, however. But I can't tell the difference.

I have the RRA Varmint. The ad says it has a 2-stage.

What I know is that I would not want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto.

It is pretty darned nice.

Only 185 rounds downrange so far. Fenderal 168 grains are a tad under 1", but the 147gr winchester has a huge group, and the SA surplus is terrible.

I am hopeing it smooths out and the groups tighten after 500 more rounds.

I have yer to try 175gr rounds, but am looking for a box to test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the RRA Varmint. The ad says it has a 2-stage.

What I know is that I would not want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto.

It is pretty darned nice.

Only 185 rounds downrange so far. Fenderal 168 grains are a tad under 1", but the 147gr winchester has a huge group, and the SA surplus is terrible.

I am hopeing it smooths out and the groups tighten after 500 more rounds.

I have yer to try 175gr rounds, but am looking for a box to test. </div></div>

I see that you're somewhere in MO.

Are you going to the FNH USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships next week?

If so, I'll have some Black Hills 175 grain, match along.

No. I knew nothing about it, but am working on the new rifle. Probably going to chop the barrel, get new reloading gear, and work up new loads.

I really need a low profile scope mount, too.

Probably no shooting beyond 200 yards this year.

Definitely not ready to be out in public with it, at this time.

Definitely not ready to be out in public with it, at this time. [/quote]

LOL