• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Coyoete carbine

Wareagle

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2006
Perry,Ga
I'd like to get some insight from anyone who has this configuration on their AR. I've currently got a DPMS Bull 20 fluted upper and it's too damn heavy for hunting with. Been thinking about swapping for something along the lines of the Yote carbine.

Re: RRA Coyoete carbine

This is the one I just finished. It stsrted as a 16" A2 Midlength. I swapped for a 20" version and acquired the RRA flattop upper and switched out barrels. YHM freefloat tube, Low pro gas block, Harris 9-13" UL bipod. Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm TAC2 knobs ballistic plex ret. I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet but, I want it to be effective out to 500yards. I would guess this set-up to weigh somewhere around 10 lbs.

dscn1056.jpg

By sambam45, shot with COOLPIX L11 at 2009-03-16
dscn1058.jpg

By sambam45, shot with COOLPIX L11 at 2009-03-16

Thanks for the reply. I guess I could have given a little more info. I'm in Georgia so we rarely have a shot offered at more than 150-200 yds. More often than not it's more like 50-75. So the Bull 20 just doesn't make sense for me. I hate to part with her because it's the most accurate AR upper I've ever shot with 45gr hp's. But it's like toting a damn sack of cinder blocks around.

In case you are not familiar with AR15.com there is lots of barreled uppers being delt over there and if your fast enough with the mouse you can catch one before they get away. If you want to go shorter then I'm sure you can find what your lookin for.

I do check Ar15.com from time to time but like you said there is so much freaking traffic it's hard to keep up.
Thanks guys.

I have two of the Coyote Carbines, not too heavy, very accurate (sub .65moa w/cheap Federal and Remington ammo, sub .40 w/ my match handloads).

I have one set up with a 3-9x Accupoint Mil-dot and the other is still NIB (Not for sale, sorry) that one has a PVS-14 and Reflex ready for it if I ever get around to zeroing it.

Thanks Capt.Dave.
I'm on the look out for one. I don't blame you for hanging on to yours.