• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Predator Pursuit

ICU22250

Perfectionist
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    WV
    Hey guys, quick question. Does anyone here own one of these and if so can you give me a barrel OD measurement at the muzzle? I would appreciate it...

The 20” predator pursuit was my first upper I ever bought and it has been awesome. Very accurate and soft shooting (it’s a 20” rifle gas after all)

The 20” predator pursuit was my first upper I ever bought and it has been awesome. Very accurate and soft shooting (it’s a 20” rifle gas after all)
    I had one years ago, but it's been so long ago I can't remember how good it shot, I know it was good, but what level of good slips my mind. Also back in those days I had just got into reloading but never worked up anything for the Predator pursuit.. I want a barrel with some length and meat to it but not so damn heavy I don't ever wanna get it out. Lol

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I’ve had several RRA predator pursuits and some friends and family have bought them after shooting the ones I had. Every single one of them has been an absolute hammer. Granted they were all purchased over 10 years ago so the product of today may not match the product of then, but I would certainly not hesitate to buy another if it fit the bill.

Only down side is that they weren’t threaded but that may have changed too.

On a good day, I could shoot .5 MOA 5 shot groups consistently 100 yards with 50 gr nosler bt and 26.5 gr H335. Night force scope 3.5 - 15 NXS.

Also worked up a 60gr bt load with CFE if you want that.

I have JP's tension pin that screws down the upper to the lower for a very tight fit. I don't think they (JP) sell these anymore.

Bought this gun in ~ 2011. I thought at the time they were using wilson barrels, so ordered one from wilson for a R15 I had now that gun shot well also.

Last edited:
    I’ve had several RRA predator pursuits and some friends and family have bought them after shooting the ones I had. Every single one of them has been an absolute hammer. Granted they were all purchased over 10 years ago so the product of today may not match the product of then, but I would certainly not hesitate to buy another if it fit the bill.

Only down side is that they weren’t threaded but that may have changed too.
    You can get a threaded predator pursuit 20" barrel from them.. Not sure if it comes on an assembled rifle though.

I have had one since 2008, still shooting the same load that I first worked up. 24.5 grains of Varget with a 68 grain Hornady bthp in Winchester brass. I had it threaded 5/8-24 after I got my first suppressor. I have killed a truck load of coyotes with it and ring steel out to 750 yards. It's one of my favorite rifles.

Reactions: ICU22250