• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Problems

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I bought a RRA coyote carbine and put no more than 650 rounds down the tube. I now have a problem. The weapon is short stroking (I fire one round and next "click"). At first I thought it was the extractor (nope) and than I thought it was the carrier key possibly coming loose (nope). I've been firing 55g gr corbons and Remmys. It pisses me off to no end! I had a parrie dog hunt with a couple buddies and now I don't have my functional AR.

I recently ordered a Young national bolt (be here in 4 weeks) to replace the shitty RRA BCG (not a fan, the quality was not there).

Can anybody point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

Thanks for any advice given.

Kinnamon

Re: RRA Problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check the gas block and make sure it is alined correctly. </div></div>

Good advice. I think the Coyote's gasblock is a set screw type, so be sure its tight once aligned.

What do you find lacking with RRA's BCG?

The BCG that I received showed a poorly staked carrier key (they actually staked it so far away from the bolt that it exposed a bump to a contact/riding surface on the upper receiver), and the extraction tab had a striaght cut edge rather than a round edge(which ultimaly chewed a small slice off all my spent casings!)I like their rifles, but I would never buy another BCG from them again.

Thanks for all your advice.

Kinnamon

One more thing... How do you align the gasblock... is it a hit or miss deal?

Try the new BCG when you get it, have it properly staked. Improperly staked gas keys on RRA BCG's tend to lead to these problems. Also make sure you're running the correct buffer for your gas system.