• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD RRS Anvil-30

chutinlead

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
Looking to sell my lightly used Anvil-30. Still have the original box.
$380 shipped

Its the old version. I believe revision 4 which is the latest right before ARC.
haha....peeked in just to see how long (well, really how short) a time it would take to sell. Its a high demand item and it looks like it took 2 minutes! haha...good for both of you guys.

Question, why the concern about new vs old version? What change is the discriminator with this item, if I may ask.

Cheers

The new version has a little activator lever you have to press to release the clamp. I find it awkward and slow. So prefer the simplicity of the older versions I have on other tripods to be consistent.

The new version has a little activator lever you have to press to release the clamp. I find it awkward and slow. So prefer the simplicity of the older versions I have on other tripods to be consistent.
I have both the new and old versions. You can deactivate the lever and the R-lock pin so that it functions identically as the older, non-ARC version.

Just a heads up for anyone still looking. It’s not mine so be careful.

F64B587E-50D8-4B0F-9623-2CDD206434A3.png

I have both the new and old versions. You can deactivate the lever and the R-lock pin so that it functions identically as the older, non-ARC version.
Been looking for instructions on how to deactivate the R-lock pin and all I can see is that if the clamp lever is half way released (position #2 in their documentation on SC-ARC clamp which applies to Anvil-30) you can then slide the gun fore/aft even with R-lock rail (which mine isn't).

Is this what you are referring to or is there some other more persistent way to take the pin out of operation?

P.S. - ok, I just got an Anvil-30 and haven't had very much time to play with the clamp. I see that if the clamp QR lever is opened all the way, then the pin retracts which should make getting a non-RRS ARCA rail gun into the clamp much easier. And yes, halfway and I can slide the gun fore/aft while still being retained in the clamp (but wow, you need a fine adjustment on the clamping so as to be tight when closed and allow easily slippage fore/aft when half open).

Was there something else you were referring too as far as deactivating the pin?

And, as far as I can tell, if you disassemble the clamp and remove that piece with the wing that goes thru the slot in the lever arm to lock the clamp shut, then you are back to the prior non-locking QR lever config of the prior version. Right???

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my questions.

Cheers

Last edited:
Been looking for instructions on how to deactivate the R-lock pin and all I can see is that if the clamp lever is half way released (position #2 in their documentation on SC-ARC clamp which applies to Anvil-30) you can then slide the gun fore/aft even with R-lock rail (which mine isn't).

Is this what you are referring to or is there some other more persistent way to take the pin out of operation?

P.S. - ok, I just got an Anvil-30 and haven't had very much time to play with the clamp. I see that if the clamp QR lever is opened all the way, then the pin retracts which should make getting a non-RRS ARCA rail gun into the clamp much easier. And yes, halfway and I can slide the gun fore/aft while still being retained in the clamp (but wow, you need a fine adjustment on the clamping so as to be tight when closed and allow easily slippage fore/aft when half open).

Was there something else you were referring too as far as deactivating the pin?

And, as far as I can tell, if you disassemble the clamp and remove that piece with the wing that goes thru the slot in the lever arm to lock the clamp shut, then you are back to the prior non-locking QR lever config of the prior version. Right???

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my questions.

Cheers

@TheOE800 - thanks...I did see that vid on reversing the thinging that locks the lever so that the lever doesn't...well, lock. But I do appreciate your taking the time to post it.

My question went more to the R-lock pin.

Looking to sell my lightly used Anvil-30. Still have the original box.
$380 shipped
Yike, @chutinlead - I'm so sorry I've been part of garbaging up your FS thread....lost track of that forum I was in.

I hope its already sold...if not, I would be glad to delete this and my other posts in this thread.

Really sorry about that.

P.S. chutinlead and I PM's and no worries about garbaging up his FS thread. Cool guy.

Last edited: