• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS Ballhead to Ruger American

Seeking_Coyotes

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2017
On my gas guns its easy to put an MLoc or Arca-Swiss device so it clamps into my RRS ballhead. I have a cheap plastic stock Ruger American rifle I want to use my RRS set up with when I go hunting. Is there such a device that I can have both the Arca-Swiss to fit and lock into the RRS ballhead yet it still have a swivel studd for the sling? Is there a device that works without having to drill more holes in the factory stock? Links appreciated.

Attachments

• Gas Gun .jpg
    Gas Gun .jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Ruger Stock Dilemma.jpg
    Ruger Stock Dilemma.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
On my gas guns its easy to put an MLoc or Arca-Swiss device so it clamps into my RRS ballhead. I have a cheap plastic stock Ruger American rifle I want to use my RRS set up with when I go hunting. Is there such a device that I can have both the Arca-Swiss to fit and lock into the RRS ballhead yet it still have a swivel studd for the sling? Is there a device that works without having to drill more holes in the factory stock? Links appreciated.

You can also buy an RRS Vyce Clamp. They are expensive, but work very well for rifles without attachment points. There are other brands that are cheaper, but aren't as good IMO.

I purchased the KRG Bravo with ARCA for my Ruger American beater/trunk gun. KRG knocked it out of the park. The Ruger factory stock is definitely the limiting factor for a budget rifle that shoots so well.

I drilled and installed a brass 1/4×20 insert.
Used a camera arca adapter. It installs and removes in under 10 seconds.

It looks like shit, but the plan was to fill and paint anyway.
Wife changed her mind on the paint job.
20231115_061639.jpg